algorithmic bosses (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 12:21
If this ever came to fruition in my world, I would quit immediately. This is just stupid. I'm very glad I provide more value than to be caught in something like this. :(

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This merely reflects the fact that the Dilbert cartoon strip's "Pointy Haired Boss" is a reality. I swear that Scott Adams was over the shoulder with some of the government bosses I've had the displeasure to work with during my time as a Navy contractor.

If your human manager isn't working, you (should) replace him/her. But what do you do if ALL of your candidates are incompetent? You can't run your business by yourself if it gets large enough. Harvard Business Review has published tons of articles about how a manager's "span of control" should never be more than 5 to 10, and the "10" side of that is only for rote/repetitious work that doesn't require a lot of thinking.

At least there is SOME hope that an AI won't be racist, sexist, or homophobic.

neuroman9999

Local time
I did not know that about the Harvard Review. not surprised though.

and I'd watch what you say about racism and sexism not being included in AI software. what if a white supremacist writes the code!? Obviously a user has to enter his name before he can start working. it doesn't take a lot of skill to write code that recognizes a foreign name. but then again, I would seriously doubt any software developer would use tricky tactics like that. It just doesn't make sense. Most bias is done in human form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom