Allowing selection of null from combobox (1 Viewer)

Msmartine

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
Hi All,

I didn't want to start a new thread but I could use some help with an issue I've been facing. I have a combo box in a form that filters a subform based on a field called Status. I am currently using a table that stores each status for the combo box selection. Since the status field is not always populated, I was asked to add a blank section in the combo box in order to filter the subform where the Status field is blank. I tried adding a the blank with a query and I tried just adding a blank to the table but neither is filtering the subform. How do I add a blank or null to the table selection for the combo box that can filter the subform? Please advise.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
Hmm, so using look-up tables as the Row Source for Combo Boxes and Autonumber as the Primary Key I append 0 (zero) as the first entry. This allows the User to select *nothing* from the Combo Box and allows me to *tell* the Filter what to do, in my case show all.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:26
check the code on the AfterUpdate event of the combobox.
on design view see the Items of the combo.

Attachments

• StatusCombo.zip
    55.8 KB · Views: 90

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:26
Null is always a pain to deal with, how about forcing such columns as Status to be atleast autofilled to some default status...
No null values, no null value related issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom