Amazon bullying the little guy (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:47
Interesting story here, about the problems of using Amazon fulfillment.

I'm thinking, if I brought some legitimate gear from a legitimate supplier and then sent it to Amazon fulfilment centres, how could knock-off gear replace my original genuine items?

Rhetorical question, someone in an Amazon warehouse decided they wanted and original and replaced it with a knock off....

How to prevent this happening?

Well you can't, but how to prevent Amazon from scuppering your business?

Again, difficult, however I'm thinking you could use a transport system with Security seals on each transportation step. Security seals are often used on high value shipments, and signed for at each end of the journey.

Again, this wouldn't stop hardened criminals, there are always ways around these things, but it would put you in a better position if Amazon scuppered your business!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I sell on Amazon. I had one customer report me to Amazon for sending them a fake version of a brand I sell. But I own the brand. It is my brand, my product. Still, Amazon closed my selling privileges for 21 days while they investigated. I lost 21 days of income as a result. Often people do this sort of thing because they want stuff for free. The stupid thing about it is because on about 2 other occasions, I have had to send in evidence that it is my own brand. So I send in the same evidence again.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Amazon closed my selling privileges for 21 days while they investigated.
And you can't do anything about it because of the dodgy Amazon agreement.... It's just not right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom