American Friends - You're Failing to Keep me informed! (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 19:21
Reminds me of "Jericho" on NetFlix.

Don't get me started on this issue or you all will start asking me where I get my foil hats fitted. I had a similar conversation this past weekend with my nephew regarding freedoms vs civil liberties.

At one point his wife chimed in and started talking about how "enlightened" and "civilized" the world is today and how the "tough, he-man, knuckle-dragging, Neanderthal men of the past are not needed anymore." She was referring to me, which made me laugh. I make my living working at a desk and playing with code - not quite the lifestyle of a tough-guy. I guess since I change the oil on my car, grill steaks on a charcoal grill and cut my own grass it negates my wimpy occupation...

Anyway, I told her that when it all boils down, if I fail to comply with "The Man", eventually people with guns will come and force me to do so. The lesson is simple, the use of force to protect you and yours will ALWAYS be necessary: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:21
That appears to be a very sexist attitude your nephew's wife has!

If a man said a woman should stay in the kitchen where she belongs, he would be hung drawn and quartered, but not by a woman, but by some strapping young man that she managed to persuade to do it for her!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
but not by a woman
I dunno Tony...I've seen an alarming increase in man-ish women and equivalent decrease in girly-men. Interesting times in which we live. I wonder if my dad had the same thoughts when he was my age...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You have to actually watch some House or Senate hearing where the social media companies are on the hot seat. The Democrats berate them for allowing "mis-information" and threaten to shackle them with rules if they don't step up and censor the people that the Democrats want censored. The lily-livered, feckless, Republicans try weakly to convince them that censorship violates their special rule which protects them from being sued by you and me if they censor us. But the social media people know the Republicans have no backbone or they would have fixed the problem in 2019 so FB, Twitter, and Google just doo the Democrat's bidding. Apparently if the government coerces a business into suppressing our free speech it doesn't count since business isn't constricted by the first amendment. The Democrats are also violating the fourth amendment by coercing business to force citizens to take a drug that is only approved for emergency use.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately uncle you are more informed than most Americans.

I am slowly and steadily getting an education about American politics from this forum and forum members I talk to you online.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately uncle you are more informed than most Americans.

I live near greenham air base in Newbury which was used by the Americans for a decade or so to store nuclear missiles.

I also worked at the end of the runway, and quite often one of the star lifter aeroplanes would land. This is a massive beast I believe at one time it was the biggest airplane in the world, not sure because Russia have a equally large beast and I'm not sure which one came first.

Anyway the point of the story, an American that worked on the base moved in one door down from my home.

I was talking to him outside in the street and I asked him what he did. He said he was a fireman on the base, and I said wow you must get a really close look at those star lifters and he said what's a "star lifter" ... I reckon that was the first time I realised that Americans were just normal people and not John Wayne's, Clint Eastwood's or Bruce Willis's....

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
What's all this about? Is it as serious as it seems?

Very serious. I guess you missed my tinfoil conspiracy posts:

The US is in the midst of a "soft" revolution towards one-party (Democratic Party) rule. One "leg" as Shapiro points out is the plan to “militarize private institutions” as agents of the US government. Ironically, Democrats claims of wanting to "protect" democracy are actually promoting an "end" to democracy. Very Orwellian.

US President Eisenhower in his 1961 farewell address was very prescient in warning the US public concerning the coming rise of the military/industrial complex. Today, its evolved into the military/industrial (corporate/media)/education complex.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 16:21
I live near greenham air base in Newbury which was used by the Americans for a decade or so to store nuclear missiles.

I also worked at the end of the runway, and quite often one of the star lifter aeroplanes would land. This is a massive beast I believe at one time it was the biggest airplane in the world, not sure because Russia have a equally large beast and I'm not sure which one came first.

Anyway the point of the story, an American that worked on the base moved in one door down from my home.

I was talking to him outside in the street and I asked him what he did. He said he was a fireman on the base, and I said wow you must get a really close look at those star lifters and he said what's a "star lifter" ... I reckon that was the first time I realised that Americans were just normal people and not John Wayne's, Clint Eastwood's or Bruce Willis's....
There is some Bruce Willis movie they are showing right now all are an American airlines planes .. it has to be the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life ... but I understand the man , I mean at some point you have to take a movie offer , the mortgages on all those homes keep coming

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
That appears to be a very sexist attitude your nephew's wife has!

If a man said a woman should stay in the kitchen where she belongs, he would be hung drawn and quartered,
Well, I think in today's society, there is a big problem with defining roles.
Women these days insist on going to work and palm the children off on a child minder. Then they wonder why the children grow up with no manners, or the kids slope off and smash up a government building, they spend very little time with the parents. If women have children, they should stay home and look after them and bring them up properly like they're supposed to do. They need the money? Don't have kids until you can afford it. It's not rocket science.
I could go on about women not being a housewife but I'll save it. We even have women bus drivers, not much reversing for them to master, fortunately.
Women want equality, except when it suits them, like having men open doors for them, allow them to go first. Expecting men to pay in a restaurant. Getting men to do DIY jobs.
On a Friday or Saturday night, young ladies go 'clubbing'. They wear mini skirts that show their knickers, they glam themselves up to the nines. Yet, if a man glances at them, they get a mouthful of foul language about being a pervert. It's no wonder men are confused.
When did you last see a woman open a door for a man?

Col

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 18:21
When did you last see a woman open a door for a man?
never, but it doesn't mean it couldn't happen. the surge of role reversals is no surprise to me. considering that the surge in computer science is one of the primary culprits behind driving it in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom