Anchor Problem (1 Viewer)

Ally

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:23
Hi - I agreed to try and help someone who was having a problem in word and ended up completely stumped!

When you insert a text box an anchor appears. When you preview, there's nothing there at all and when you come out of preview again there's nothing there.

If you then put on another text box, the former one suddenly appears.

I've been into Options > General and looked to see if the Automatically Create Drawing Canvas when inserting Autoshapes, but she's Word 2000 (I think) so it wasn't there.

I also went into the advanced layout options and unticked lock anchor but that didn't do anything either.

Please ... does anyone have any ideas!!! Thanks.

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
Are you wanting to see the anchor or not see the anchor?

It's a placement marker - a non-printing character like the paragraph marker and dots for spaces. Generally speaking - it's nothing to get too worried about.

Ally

Registered User.
Local time
Hi - thanks for replying.

From what I've read I realized that it's not normally a problem, but the text box keeps disappearing and won't print out. It disappears unless you put another text box on the screen then delete the new one.

Hope I've explained it okay.

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
Couple of clarifying questions -

Is there anything in the original text box? Does it have, e.g. a border?
Are you moving the anchor, or drawing outside the Canvas box?

I'm having a little trouble replicating the problem on my own machine - but if and when I manage to work it out, I'll post again

Ally

Registered User.
Local time
I had problems replicating the problem on my machine too.

There is a border and it has text in it.

The user is typing inside the text box.

It doesn't matter what you do with the anchor - ignore it, unlock it, move it - the same problem occurs where the text box then disappears.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom