Android 2.2 (1 Viewer)

mwabbe

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:44
anyone know how to get android 2.2 (froyo)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:44
anyone know how to get android 2.2 (froyo)
For which phone? It really depends upon your phone as to whether you can get it or not. I got it for my Verizon Droid 1 before it was pushed to my phone because the file was available on one of the Droid forum sites. But not all phones have it available yet.

mwabbe

Registered User.
Local time
I have the Samsung Galaxy-S Captivate

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Well, if you do a Google search on this:

samsung galaxy 5 captivate froyo 2.2

I found several applicable links (including possible manual downloads but I can't check them out from here at work because most of the sites are blocked here).

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
It's not available for your phone officially. The test builds and roms are far too unstable at the moment and also very dangerous to do if you are not familiar with rooting and flashing your rom, you'd void your warranty and you could make your phone unusable (bricked). I would wait for it to be pushed.

I'm also waiting for it on my Samsung Epic Galaxy S phone.

mwabbe

Registered User.
Local time
is there a way to go back to the 2.1 that came on the phone if the test build doest not work out?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
is there a way to go back to the 2.1 that came on the phone if the test build doest not work out?
Normally yes. Do a search either on the web or in your user manual on how to restore your system to the factory settings. Of course this would mean you would have to reinstall everything you have installed since getting the phone and also you would lose any settings.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Actually, it looks like I spoke to soon. It has been officially released for your phone in both Europe and the US from what I have read.

KNK

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:44
I have the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant here in Canada and talked to a Samsung rep and all he would give up is it's on it's way but sort of hinted not till after Christmas unofficially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom