Another Access - Vista Gem (1 Viewer)

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:57
As a database developer I have several computers set up to test network situations with front end / back end applications.

On my Vista Business laptop I have an uncomplicated front end. (No Access security set up) and the back end on an XP desktop. All is fine.

Situation...
Vista updated itself and installed service pack 1 the other day. Now then opening the database and letting it refresh the links to the back end it comes up with:

You do not have the necessary permissions to use the "Database Path..." object. Have your system administrator or the person who created the object establish the appropriate permissions for you.

Having both files on one computer works fine.

How about Microsoft stop stuffing around with their "Enhancements"

Any clues?? (Wheres the frustrated icon?) :mad:

Dave

burrcm

Registered User.
Local time
I used to be apathetic, but now it doesn't bother me. Oh, and I don't have a solution, but that doesn't matter either..... You are correct though. Vista and XP hate each other, even before SP1. Do make sure that admin accounts with the same username and pwd exist on both systems.

Chris B

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Vista SP1 also removed Flash so hardly any web pages loaded properly, had to re-install that again. Also reset most of the "security" I had turned off to try and get rid of those annoying messages that pop up all the time.

Early days Microsofts claim was that vista was a faster loading and executing OS. Not any more. It feels like vista is a small car towing a trailer. Every update simply puts another arm full of bricks in the trailer. I feel SP1 has added another trailer on behind the first. Getting slower and slower.

Dave

odin1701

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:57
Vista runs great for me. Loads stuff quicker. I haven't bothered putting SP1 on though.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
I've had it for almost a year now. Like it, but can see it geting slower. I only have basic programs installed, no MSN, MySpace etc. Internet explorer take a fair while to open (before it starts to load web pages) and then i reckon 10-20 seconds to close once you hit the X.

Seens reliable and i like the way windows explorer works, being able to add your own shoutcuts to the LH pane and navigate from the address bar.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:57
I've had it for almost a year now. Like it, but can see it geting slower. I only have basic programs installed, no MSN, MySpace etc. Internet explorer take a fair while to open (before it starts to load web pages) and then i reckon 10-20 seconds to close once you hit the X.
I don't have that problem at all and I have a TON of stuff installed. You don't by chance have Norton AV do you?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 14:57
I don't have that problem at all and I have a TON of stuff installed. You don't by chance have Norton AV do you?
I have even more stuff on my machine than Bob does, and I'm just as fast.

Oh, and by the way, I second the motion that Norton sucks a** (if that was your initial thought, Bob). It's so secure that it's causing inefficiencies on computers now... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom