Any way to create a document to sign & return? (1 Viewer)

bignose2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:15
Hi,

I am trying to create a document to email that can be electronically signed (does not have to be legally binding, even just typing their name) and then returned to me.

I can do everything but cannot easily get a dynamic form than they can type or even draw a signature & email back.

It is automatically created with their name & address & varying details depending on their circumstances. I name the file with special ID.

My current system works but is more time consuming than I would like & subscription to adobe I would otherwise not need.

My database creates the report, saves it as a pdf.
I click on the link I create, it opens the pdf, I click send & sign. I have to manually add the email address to the pdf application (although I get it to auto copy to clipboard), then a good few more clicks for acrobat automatically identify the areas that are for signature (clever really) and then send. Whilst pretty quick when for 20+ forms a day it does takes some time & lots of mouse clicks.

I would like to just choose those from a list & it creates & sends all at once with a few clicks.

I wondered if someway I could create either, excel spreadsheet or word doc with an area for signature. It is a sort of contract but really not worried about it being legally binding (which of course it would not be, the adobe is)

The tricky bit is getting access to create a document which will result in a fillable field or fields

Perhaps google docs, it often has such good integration with other platforms, If could create a form that syncs with google docs, I cannot see a way to create a gdocs in access as I would need different ones for each client.

Rather waffling but trying to see if there is a better way.

Thanks I/A

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:15
It is possible for VBA to manipulate PDF objects. I have done it to merge PDF files. No idea if the edits you do can be programmed.

Otherwise, only thing I've seen allows creating a 'signable' PDF is on-line subscription service like DocuSign.

bignose2

Registered User.
Local time
Many thanks for your reply,

I do manage to do what I want similar to Docusign with Adobe DC but as I say not fully automated & quite a lot of manual work, if it were only a few I needed to do a day that would have been fine but doing 20 or so is laborious.

How do you use VBA to manipulate PDF objects, not sure even what to google for?
Worth a look.

Thanks

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom