anyone ever used TeraCopy? (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 10:19
Any users here? for some reason, for the last 2 years now, regardless of the amount of files I copy, where I copy TO/FROM (whether it be from a peripheral plugged into a port TO a hard disk, or on the hard disk simply from dir to dir), how many memory processes I have shut off, if I have no programs open during the copy, the power specs of the computer (processor/RAM/service pack version), the process seems to go ""up and down"" wildly for the entire copy process time. This can range anywhere from 2KB/sec to 20MB/sec. and of course, the the estimated time for completion can vary anywhere from 30min to 4 days. see attached image for an example of a process I'm currently going through (70,000+ files being copied from a USB stick to hard disk) on a machine that has nothing running except the copy process, and has the following specs:

=> 1.8 GHZ processor
=> 8GB RAM

anyone ever seen this happen before if you've used this program to speed up file copies? I guess I could always try using XCOPY in the shell but it's never come to mind. I'm pretty sure copying anything through the shell is faster than through the windows interface.

teracopy_random_speeds.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom