apology from this member (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 11:33
I would like to make a public apology to the entire community for saying something that, apparently upset other members. There's absolutely no way for me to know who's upset or what I posted that caused the frustration or anger, but whatever it was, this is the public apology that has been asked for. I sincerely apologize for anything that was posted by me, regardless of what it was, if it was taken in offense to anyone here regardless of where they reside in the world.

On a side note, I like to joke around quite a bit, but I realize that this attitude is not for everyone that works in the technology field. If I'm still around in ''x'' number of days, whoever reads my content can be assured that I'll keep this mind when issuing any advice anywhere outside the watercooler forum. However, as far as I know and have been told by various authorities here, in the watercooler, the rule generally is: ""anything goes"". If that is technically incorrect, I would appreciate it if one of the moderators would contact me via PM and let me know what the official boundaries are in that forum because they are not on the forum rules page, I don't believe.

thanks.

Adam

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
For topics that YOU start, anything goes, even religious threads. However, comments that disparage or otherwise offer disrespect to other members is disallowed. We are NOT "wide open" in that sense ANYWHERE within the site.

what I posted that caused the frustration or anger

In the Watercooler, you frequently hijack threads, diverting the discussion to something about you. That is an act of disrespect to the person who started the thread. It annoys a lot of people. Do it in a tech forum and your offending posts might be removed. Do it in the Watercooler and you'll probably get a warning. Ignore the warning and you will take a vacation while we take down your offensive posts. If the OP of that thread objects to your input, I will start removing it - if someone else doesn't do it first.

Your posts in other technical sites have been removed. For example, the incident you explored with Gina Whipp where it turned your error was of your own doing. In that post, before the problem was resolved, you had trashed this forum and several members of it, including me. That kind of verbal insult is not nice and the worst point is that you insult our intelligence when you "innocently" claim that you don't know what caused the frustration and anger.

neuroman9999

Local time
For topics that YOU start, anything goes, even religious threads.

not sure I understand that one. anything goes?

Do it in a tech forum and your offending posts might be removed.

I thought I wasn't allowed to post anything in tech forums here? although I did say something about goog sheets and none of you guys cared it seemed like. Last I heard, Jon told me to stay out of them.

Your posts in other technical sites have been removed.

are you talking about the one over at the MS community where I told Gina something bad about this board? I believe I said something negative about MS products or the political nature of this board. Isn't that right? If that is right, I think the mod over there at MS removed it because he/she didn't want bad press regarding MS tools.

you insult our intelligence

why would I do that? everyone has a skill, two or three. why would I insult intelligence?? more or less what I've done in the past is try to prepare you guys for the future, which is pretty much now until the end of time. consumers are crazy, do not wait to buy things and are completely unpredictable. that, combined with political leaders inside and outside the corporate world who are bored to tears and have nothing to do all day long, creates for an extremely chaotic environment where extreme amounts of time are wasted and technical work thrown away because people in meetings have nothing to do but argue all day long and change requirements for people writing this crap we call code. Thus, it's a complete waste of time and effort anymore for anybody technical like us to bitch and argue about anything political. At least that's what I've seen. Our job is nothing more than to do what people pay us to do. They sell, we do not. they get the desires from people buying their junk, we do not. They sell, we support. Simple.

Coincidentally, this is exactly why I don't work for a salary when working for corporate people. They waste all sorts of crap, and thus they will pay me for every minute of effort I give to them because I know damn good and well things will change the next day. I don't care one bit, as long as they want to throw their money away. But what do they care? they've got billions to waste.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
why would I do that?

Because you are a button-pusher, one of the identifying characteristics of a troll. You like to cause controversy. You take secret glee in "spinning people up." That's why you do it. You may, of course, deny it. Perhaps you call it "having fun" or "something light-hearted." However, actions speak louder than words. You annoy people. You KNOW that you annoy people, and yet you still do it.

Your apology is a form of what we in south Louisiana call "crawfishing" - the behavior of the crayfish, a.k.a. crawfish, a.k.a. crawdad, a.k.a. (Fr.) ecrevisse. When confronted, you raise up your claws defensively and scurry backwards - only to advance again when the furor dies down. And in so doing, you prove that you haven't changed a bit.

If your apology were to have any meaning, you would change the way you post and not merely claim responsibility for your bad posting habits - but actually CHANGE them. Show us that you have learned something - or recognize that your leash just got shorter. Your choice.

neuroman9999

Local time
but actually CHANGE them. Show us that you have learned something

hmmmm.....

I don't push buttons. I deal with ignorant people all day long that worship corporate morons and rich people. they're too faithless to live their own life and not worship others' wealth. thus, I teach their assess all day long. not to mention the fact that corporate leaders are just as stupid. plus the government. Sooo...maybe some of that annoyance shows through around here. but I rarely say these things to people asking questions, now don't I? why would I do THAT? they're not wasting their damn life away worshiping corporate Gods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom