Append query From A table to A Oracle table (1 Viewer)

mansied

Local time
Today, 08:20
Hello
I really need help
I have a table in Access and a table in Oracle, I want to append the Access table to the oracle table. I face the Key violation .... error message and doesn't work.
I have checked all fields data types in each field .but doesn't work. both tables have the same structure.
this Query has been worked for two months before !!!
has someone any idea what else I have to check?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:20
Key violation means that a record that has the same value in the key field is already in the Oracle table.

You can join the Oracle table to the Access table on the key field and the record with the duplicate will be the result.

mansied

Local time
Key violation means that a record that has the same value in the key field is already in the Oracle table.

You can join the Oracle table to the Access table on the key field and the record with the duplicate will be the result.
I have linked Oracle table to my Access database .I found that there is a field in Oracle which is primary key and autonumber ( unique) and Not to be null. the key violation error refers to his field .how can add my records through Access to this oracle table without error .? can you give me a hint ?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:20
If there is no duplication of the key then it is because Oracle won't let you insert whole records into a table with an autonumber field. I seem to recall this is the case. (BTW Access does allow this.)

I also seem to recall you can turn off the autonumbering in Oracle, add the records then turn it back on but you would need the relevant ALTER TABLE permissions. You would certainly need to test this before fooling around with a production system. Not something you want to be doing routinely.

(BTW Access won't let you do this.)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Are you saying that you want to add duplicate records to the Oracle table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom