Append Query Question (1 Viewer)

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:15
I had received some help in converting a poorly designed database and the following queries were used to move the data from the old to the new. These worked and I could find no issues.
Due to time constraints the old data base had to continue to be used and now I want to make the move once and for all. However I want to move only the data from after a specified date. Can someone tell me if the "Where" condition is in the correct format?? I am not experienced in SQL and don't want to mess everything up.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
:confused:

Attachments

• Append Queries.doc
    34 KB · Views: 97

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:45
Looks about right, presuming you're going to fill in a valid date. I would make a copy of the database(s) before you run these, so if it all goes horribly wrong you just delete the copy you were working on and go back to the original.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
By the way, you will need to bracket any table/field names with the inadvisable spaces in them:

[t_Perioperative Data1]

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks very much for the reply .... I have two backups to this database so that is covered. I will check for the [ ]'s before running these. so the # sign is required for date parameters?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
For hard-coded, dates, yes. The # sign tells Access the value is a date/time value.

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Okay thanks again. I plan to make a copy and test this out over the weekend. If I run into issues is there and email I could contact you at??

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You can just post a follow up question here; I'll get an email notification.

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Okay I have gone through the queries and made sure the brackets ([ ]) are wher I think they should be based on your previous advice. Also I saw that I may have had ( ) where they were not needed.

Does this look correct?? I will add the valid date when I am ready to convert the data.

Attachments

• Append Queries.doc
    34 KB · Views: 77

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Looks okay to me, but the truth will be in the testing.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No problem. Post back if you have problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom