"AppendPasting" data from an existing Record (1 Viewer)

accesswatcher

Local time
Today, 04:53
Now a new one for Travis and anyone else who would like to comment:

I know one can copy all the data from all fields of a record and "appendpaste" into a new record.

Please see if i am going about this in the right way:

Goal: User must be able to search (by clicking a button to run a query) and the search result is a set of records shown in a form. They click a button all the data is copied from the desired record. They hit the second button to open a new record. On the new record input form they click "paste" (to the user label can read "paste" where actually it is "AppendPasting"). This way they save time in input. (The situation is not always to copy from a PREVIOUS RECORD).

My Solution: I make forms and set the properties so they show with out editing capabilities like look up forms(so that they dont change the originals). Then add button to copy the record (this where i need to know what command i should use), then another button to start a new record which opens an input form with its "OnOpen" set to "AppendPaste".

Please see if this will work.
--------------------------------
Thanks to Travis and every one who share things that they have spent a lot time learning.

Thanks to access-programmers for hosting this bulletin board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom