Solved Approved New Users (1 Viewer)

Sarah.M

Local time
Today, 13:57
Hi, Plz note, My VBA is blocked by IT for security reason (Cybersecurity).
I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms and Reports only.
------------------------------------------------
in LogInForm I have button to Add New Users, If someone add user I want to
1. Access will check if this user is not duplicated user in UserT and if he is dublicated he will get message this user "already exists" do you want to modified it? if yes Access will show him his information, if he click no close the form
2. If the user is not dublicated in UserT let him fill the form and save it,
3. I want to see it first for review and then if I click approved, the txtbox will change to Approved and then the New User shown in the LogInForm and in UserT Table,
I make many tries, but it dose not work with me 😒
plz I need your kind help 🙏
Sample attached

Attachments

• 15ApprovedUser.accdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 172

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:57
We're really deep here, trying to do this with macros. Certainly it probably can be done, but once again, the task is made infinitely harder by the insane limitation imposed on you by your IT. If you keep figuring this kind of thing out , you'll eventually be one of the top Access macro developers in the world ;)

That said, this statement "I make many tries, but it dose not work with me" really doesn't convey enough information to be useful. WHAT did you try? What happened...Errors? No Results?

Sarah.M

Local time
We're really deep here, trying to do this with macros. Certainly it probably can be done, but once again, the task is made infinitely harder by the insane limitation imposed on you by your IT. If you keep figuring this kind of thing out , you'll eventually be one of the top Access macro developers in the world ;)

That said, this statement "I make many tries, but it dose not work with me" really doesn't convey enough information to be useful. WHAT did you try? What happened...Errors? No Results?
Thanks for replying
If u plz look at log in form there is a button with macro, i tried to let macro to DLookup

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:57
Thanks for replying
If u plz look at log in form there is a button with macro, i tried to let macro to DLookup
And what HAPPENED? What we need are results, e.g. "It returned error such and such." or "It returned the wrong value. I wanted X and got back Y"
When you provide details and context, it helps focus on potential reasons. Otherwise we're forced to try to run all of the code as if we were one of your users, hoping to encounter an error....

Sarah.M

Local time
And what HAPPENED? What we need are results, e.g. "It returned error such and such." or "It returned the wrong value. I wanted X and got back Y"
When you provide details and context, it helps focus on potential reasons. Otherwise we're forced to try to run all of the code as if we were one of your users, hoping to encounter an error....
I mean help me to make my idea work, suggest steps for me to do to make it happened or guide me to the right steps to start with
I make another try, I got error message
sample attached
1649873744126.png

1649874242031.png

Attachments

• 15ApprovedUser.accdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 173

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:57
In future, please state EXACTLY what error occurred.

I tested your embedded macro and the3 MsgBox expression title was looking for a field Required that doesn't exist
Code:
MsgBox("This User Already Exists",4,[Required])
However Required is a string value so needs quote marks. Modify as below and it will then work
Code:
MsgBox("This User Already Exists",4,"Required")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom