Are all Oligarchs corrupt? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:45
They all seem to have rather a lot of money, and they seem to come from countries that have high levels of corruption. But I don't know.

Are all Oligarchs corrupt?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I didn't think Putin was an oligarch.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 15:45
he's got money. he's corrupt. what else is there in the def. john?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I don't know if being President excludes you from the category of oligarch or not. I agree, he is corrupt, he has money. Didn't he build that nice pad by the sea near where the winter Olympics was held? For a communist country where everybody is supposedly equal, he has rather nice living conditions.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
well what are you talking about Jon? this?

putin1.jpg

or THIS?

putin2.jpg

or perhaps THIS?

putin3.jpg

there's plenty to look at when it comes to that dude's PAD. (as you call it)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
OMG! A bit nicer than your typical communist hi-rise apartment!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
q=query, that's all I'm saying.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I was talking about these:
tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X
but actually, if you look it up in a given browser, it results in google's snooping habit:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vladimir+putin+home+pictures&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS887US887&oq=vla&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j0l5.577j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

and firefox is even worse!

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&source=hp&ei=qulPXtmnGtXQ-gSz_Ktg&q=vladimir+putin+home+pictures&oq=vladimir+putin+home+pictures&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i362i308i154i357l6.1973.1973..2324...0.0..0.209.209.2-1......0....2j1..gws-wiz.....6._CeICoACMiE&ved=0ahUKEwjZpNP57eLnAhVVqJ4KHTP-CgwQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Google is a black box. Their algo is supposed to have 200+ factors in it nowadays.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Good link. I will have a look at that. My focus is to make this site 10x better than UtterAccess. I did a thread on them in the Access News section, highlighting how we differ. By making this place great, I hope Google rewards us.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:45
The term "oligarch" is usually used in the context of rich people closely allied to the political leaders of countries in Eastern Europe. We need to broaden how that term is used. The likes of Soros and Bloomberg can be considered oligarchs. They are a threat to democracy in the Western world.

How so?

They appear to be using their wealth, in a corrupt manner, to buy elections (at the state/local level). Rumors have surfaced that both Soros and Bloomberg are financially supporting the election of Democratic Attorney Generals. (Of course this raises the subjective question of when does supporting a candidate morph from legitimate to corrupt.) Bloomberg’s gun ban rejected in Virginia with Democratic help. This stagey of "buying" elected officials and legislation appears to be very successful overall (despite the recent setback in Virginia).

The actions of Soros in manipulating the democratic process is corrupt. As for Bloomberg, I can't answer that yet. But, what can be expressed is that oligarchs are not necessarily "right" leaning (nor are they limited to Eastern Europe) as there are "left" leaning oligarchs too.

Since posting: Bezos, a billionaire, buying the Washington Post and using that paper as a propaganda arm for the Democratic party. I don't know if Bezos is or is not attempting to "buy" politicians like Bloomber and Soros. And along those lines:
Bloomberg News will not investigate Mike Bloomberg or his Democratic rivals during primary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom