Are you a Lefty or a Conservative (1 Viewer)

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:55
Which side of the fence are you on?

If a Conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.
If a Lefty/Greenie doesn’t like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.
If a Lefty/Greenie is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Lefty/Greenie is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Lefty/Greenie wonders who is going to take care of him, who he can leach off.

If a Conservative doesn’t like a talk show host or media commentator, he switches channels.
Lefties/Greenies demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A Lefty/Greenie non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Conservative reads this, he’ll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Lefty/Greenie will delete it or go on the attack because he’s “offended”, the truth is offensive to them.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 06:55
Idiots everywhere frame problems as simple black and white issues. This or that, for us or against us. Framing problems this way provides zero value if you seek a solution. Framing problems this way is good smoke if you want to engage idiots and/or start a fight.
IMO

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 09:55
The biggest problem I have found in the new conservative movement is that most of the rhetoric from them is really preaching to the choir.

They have created a collection of partial truths and have repeated it so often that their constituents now believe it to be the gospel, as a matter of fact they were imminently successful at spreading their half truths using the churches.
All of this type of bullshit circulation is about strengthening the hold their leadership has on the ignorant conservative rank and file.

Think about it, why would any hard working middle class person believe that he should support a philosophy that is, at its core, designed to decimate the middle class?

And put greed as the primary motivator for its existence?

It’s really a bit like the Black Slaves from the Civil War era fighting for the South.

So show me some propaganda from the conservatives that is actually useful in converting people to their way of thinking, you will find that it is very rare.

And I’m ambidextrous, neither left nor right.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 14:55

If a Conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.
If a Lefty/Greenie is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Lefty/Greenie wonders who is going to take care of him, who he can leach off.

If a Conservative doesn’t like a talk show host or media commentator, he switches channels.

If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A Lefty/Greenie non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Conservative reads this, he’ll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Lefty/Greenie will delete it or go on the attack because he’s “offended”, the truth is offensive to them.
Welcome back Mike. Haven't seen you around for a bit.Glad to see you haven't lost your talent for posting provocative and inaccurate opinions. Still why let accuracy get in the way of a a laugh:D

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:55
Good story but it really reflects the vocal minority of any group.

Most Greenies I know live a quiet life just looking after themselves and would easily fit into the "Conservative" side of this story.

We only hear the loudest voices be they Green, Left or Right.

Adam Caramon

Local time

Aw, and here I was hoping for an honest-to-goodness debate.

lagbolt said:
Idiots everywhere frame problems as simple black and white issues. This or that, for us or against us. Framing problems this way provides zero value if you seek a solution. Framing problems this way is good smoke if you want to engage idiots and/or start a fight.
IMO

emphasis mine.

Most people who engage in this behavior are not seeking a solution.

Thales750 said:
Think about it, why would any hard working middle class person believe that he should support a philosophy that is, at its core, designed to decimate the middle class?

That's why, as much as I disagree with the American brand of conservatism, you have to begrudginly respect them. Sort of like how you can respect a leader for their war skills even though they are killing thousands of people.

Anyone who can convince someone else to vote against their best interest deserves some respect.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Alternatively...

If a Conservative does like guns, he will ignore all evidence relating to preventable deaths and insist that it is his 'right' to own one and to hell with everyone else.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he very, very quietly leads his life, while publicly insisting that homosexuality is unnatural and condemned by God.

If a Conservative doesn’t like a talk show host or media commentator, he doesn't watch them. Instead relying on what snippets of conversation he hears from others about the subject, before crying for the person to be sacked as immoral.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Or you could just not go with either of these parties. After all, they are only corporate puppets anyway. If you want your government to continue to be run by corporations that only look out for their best interests, by all means...

Or you can think outside the box. More and more political parties are appearing in office. The black and white divide is getting old. I don't want to vote for someone who spends his entire campaign bashing the other side.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Alternatively...

If a Conservative does like guns, he will ignore all evidence relating to preventable deaths and insist that it is his 'right' to own one and to hell with everyone else.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he very, very quietly leads his life, while publicly insisting that homosexuality is unnatural and condemned by God.

If a Conservative doesn’t like a talk show host or media commentator, he doesn't watch them. Instead relying on what snippets of conversation he hears from others about the subject, before crying for the person to be sacked as immoral.

A lefty:eek:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
If a Conservative is a non-believer, he is shunned by all other conservatives for not going along with the pack.

... or should I say flock? :cool:

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Welcome back Mike. Haven't seen you around for a bit.Glad to see you haven't lost your talent for posting provocative and inaccurate opinions. Still why let accuracy get in the way of a a laugh:D

I thought it was quite accurate. No disagreement on the gun forum:)

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:55

I'm on the side of the guy that's gonna screw me over the least. I say this, because no matter what a politician says, he's gonna screw you.

and as far as

goes, guns don't kill people.

People kill people. The gun just happens to be the tool of choice.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 06:55
goes, guns don't kill people.

People kill people. The gun just happens to be the tool of choice.

Its the bullets isn't it - keep the guns - and ban bullets.

If you think its the people, we could ban the people. - Who would those people be using a gun to shoot people - well first off people having/wanting a gun, so if we ban them we should be ok.

Glad to help.

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
Its the bullets isn't it - keep the guns - and ban bullets.

If you think its the people, we could ban the people. - Who would those people be using a gun to shoot people - well first off people having/wanting a gun, so if we ban them we should be ok.

Glad to help.

A little simplified isn't it?

What other tools can be used for killing? A short list for you.

Rope
Car
Knife
Baseball bat
Golf Club
Fists

This is just to name a few.

So by your theory we should ban ropes, cars (man bicycling to work would suck), knives (good luck eating that steak and spreading your butter), baseball bats (I really wouldn't miss this one), golf clubs (wouldn't miss this either), and finally fists...wait...we all have fists don't we... :rolleyes:

Now does it make sense?

The gun is nothing more than a tool. Not everyone who owns a gun kills people with it (I hunt deer with mine) and not everyone who kills with a gun owns one.

If you were to take the gun away, they'd just find another tool to do the job. People were getting killed way before guns came around.

Though anti-gun people like to ignore this fact. :D

chergh

blah
Local time
Today, 14:55
A little simplified isn't it?

What other tools can be used for killing? A short list for you.

Rope
Car
Knife
Baseball bat
Golf Club
Fists

This is just to name a few.

So by your theory we should ban ropes, cars (man bicycling to work would suck), knives (good luck eating that steak and spreading your butter), baseball bats (I really wouldn't miss this one), golf clubs (wouldn't miss this either), and finally fists...wait...we all have fists don't we... :rolleyes:

Now does it make sense?

The gun is nothing more than a tool. Not everyone who owns a gun kills people with it (I hunt deer with mine) and not everyone who kills with a gun owns one.

If you were to take the gun away, they'd just find another tool to do the job. People were getting killed way before guns came around.

Though anti-gun people like to ignore this fact. :D

Guns just make it a lot easier to kill people.

Oh and what else can you use a hand gun for except shooting targets and people?

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
Guns just make it a lot easier to kill people.

Oh and what else can you use a hand gun for except shooting targets and people?

You've never hunted have you?

A 45 is perfectly legal (in Missouri) for deer hunting, and when it's close enough does a hell of a job.

Otherwise, when you've only wounded the deer, you can use a hand gun when you've tracked it.

I'd rather put a 45 cent bullet into a deer to finish it off than a $1.25 bullet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom