Attachment path (1 Viewer)

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:08
Greetings,

Attachments
We have a button on a form when clicked it will take users to the attachments they saved for a particular case. The attachment folder is stored in the agency’s shared drive. Just recently, users reported that when they click on attachment button, they no longer see the attachments they saved instead, they see my documents folder.

In troubleshooting the issue, we noticed someone by accident dragged the attachments folder to a different location which we were able to locate and copy to the original location.

However, when users click attachments button, they still get my documents folder. I checked the syntax on the button’s on click event (included) and I didn’t notice any changes.
Code:
Private Sub Create_Folder()
On Error GoTo err_CreateFolder

CASEATTACHMENTS = Me.txtPICTSID
        Me.txtAttachLoc = CASEATTACHMENTS
        sPathPart2 = "\\cluster1\shared\IG\IG DB\IG DB Attachments\" & CASEATTACHMENTS & "\"
        MkDir sPathPart2
        ProjPath = "\\cluster1\shared\IG\IG DB\IG DB Attachments\" & CASEATTACHMENTS & "\"
        Shell "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe """ & ProjPath & "", vbNormalFocus

exit_err_CreateFolder:
    Exit Sub

err_CreateFolder:
    If Err.Number = 75 Or Err.Number = 76 Then
       ProjPath = "\\cluster1\shared\IG\IG DB\IG DB Attachments\" & CASEATTACHMENTS & "\"
       Resume exit_err_CreateFolder
     Else
       MsgBox Err.Description
       MsgBox Err.Number
    End If

End Sub

Any idea?

TIA

Regards,

LarryE

Local time
Today, 11:08
Greetings,

Attachments
We have a button on a form when clicked it will take users to the attachments they saved for a particular case. The attachment folder is stored in the agency’s shared drive. Just recently, users reported that when they click on attachment button, they no longer see the attachments they saved instead, they see my documents folder.

In troubleshooting the issue, we noticed someone by accident dragged the attachments folder to a different location which we were able to locate and copy to the original location.

However, when users click attachments button, they still get my documents folder. I checked the syntax on the button’s on click event (included) and I didn’t notice any changes.
Code:
Private Sub Create_Folder()
On Error GoTo err_CreateFolder

sPathPart2 = "\\cluster1\shared\IG\IG DB\IG DB Attachments\" & CASEATTACHMENTS & "\"
        MkDir sPathPart2

exit_err_CreateFolder:
    Exit Sub

err_CreateFolder:
    If Err.Number = 75 Or Err.Number = 76 Then
       Resume exit_err_CreateFolder
     Else
       MsgBox Err.Description
       MsgBox Err.Number
    End If

End Sub

Any idea?

TIA

Regards,
Try changing the directory before anything else, like:
Code:
ChDir "\\cluster1\shared\IG\IG DB\IG DB Attachments"
MkDir sPathPart2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom