Auto Fill Data (1 Viewer)

Solavei

Local time
Today, 05:43
I have a word document(real estate form) that I have to use all the time and enter information in based on the sale.
I'm wondering if there is a way, that when I click on the document to open it, a pop up will appear asking my to fill out data fields such as name and address etc.
Then the document will auto populate the document.
I know there is a way to set up an access pop up to ask me this way, but I don't know how to do that and I don't know how to make it populate the word doc as well..

godsspeed

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:43
which version of MS Word are you using?

Utilizing the Form Controls may be helpful... it wont pop-up and ask for particular data (perhaps it could..?) but if you have lets say only 5 things in the entire document that will change (name, address, price, etc...) you can use a Form Control -Text Box, Drop Down list, etc to complete the needed data... then protect the document (it could also be helful to save a blank document as a template so that when you open the template, it will create a brand new document where you just fill out the needed fields and save it) and "allow filling in forms". this way you should be able to use the Tab key to navigate to the next empty field.

I don't know how familiar you are with anything i described, so i can elaborate if needed...

stashfeen

Local time
Today, 02:43
thnakyou godsspeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom