Auto PDF Printing/Emailing Grouped Reports Based on Record ID (1 Viewer)

thomaslig

Local time
Today, 14:16
Hi All:

I am new to this database and am reaching out for a solution which I would greatly appreciate some assistance.

I have a report which is grouped on record ID to show Billings, related invoices, etc.

Currently we have to filter and PDF, rinse, repeat for each record to get the appropriate reports to send off.

I'm wondering if there's a way to auto generate multiple PDFs and/or email results to recipients without having the couple of hours of manual filtering and emailing.

If the answer involves code, can you try and provide more detail than normal as I'm sort of new to the VBA aspect? Thank you much! Anyone who has any further detail I can also message offline if that is easier.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

To provide code that applies to your specific situation, we'll need to know the details about the setup of your database. Can you post a sample copy of your db with test data?

thomaslig

Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

To provide code that applies to your specific situation, we'll need to know the details about the setup of your database. Can you post a sample copy of your db with test data?

Sure. I can provide later.

thomaslig

Local time
In the meantime if you have some general advice I can take that in too :)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
In the meantime if you have some general advice I can take that in too :)
Well, if you want all the group reports sent out at the same time, then I do think it will require some code to "loop" through the groups and create and send the pdf per that group. So, other than that, I am not sure what else to recommend, without seeing what you got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom