Auto testing tools (1 Viewer)

pekajo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:37
Hi,
It's me again:)
I have now just about completed my database and was think there must be an easier way of testing forms.
My thinking possibly be a key stroke recorder that I can run on each form to check if the form functions correctly.
I had one years ago (on main frame) that you could have a file/table just for the recorder that the recorder would lookup each field it enters on the from, retrieve that field data and enter it into the form field, that way no need to 'hardcode' data into the recorder.

Does anyone have info on a free/cheap testing tool.
Peter

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 09:37
You can test simply by entering data.
If it saves,the form works.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:37
I don't know of one specifically for MS Access, but I do recall looking at this idea years ago and I think there was some free versions around, which I looked at and I know I came to the conclusion it was more trouble than it was worth.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Looks like there are some free tools out there. I haven't tried any, but here is a webpage about them:-

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:37
Not aware of any tool. Do you have some test data and scenarios with your expected results?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Web and Desktop Automation with UI Vision - Free RPA Software​

pekajo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:37
Just as an update, I have found and started to using a keystroke recorder minimouse recorder which is doing the trick for me.
Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom