Automatic Entry (1 Viewer)

rt49

Local time
Today, 15:48
Using Access 2000, I am creating a database to compile results of district all-state band tryouts. Students who make all-state are assigned to one of three bands ? red, white, or blue. For example, six flutes are chosen from the district. Two are assigned to red, two to white, and two to blue. The seventh highest scoring student is given alternate status. I have a form and a report based on a query. Both the form and the report list only the seven highest scoring students and are sorted highest to lowest. The sorting and selection of the top seven was done in the query. In the query, I have a field named band to put either red, white, blue, or alternate. What I would like to do next is have the query, form, and/or report automatically fill in this information. I do some VB programming, but do not know much about VBA. So any help needs to be specific as to steps to take and to syntax. I?ve tried some things that might work, but possibly the syntax is wrong or maybe the code is wrong or is in the wrong place. Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom