Automatic Fill (1 Viewer)

T

Therber

I'm attempting to create an order system where an employee can type in or select a customer ID in a combo box and then automatically have the customer's name and other information fill text boxes in the form. Does anyone know of a good tutorial for doing this? Is VB or SQL required?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Therber (edited 01-24-2000).]

CST9999

Local time
Today, 10:33
By your questions I understand that you dont have much experience with VB, and in order to do what you want, you will have to code in VB, so, I just made an example for you and I sent it by e-mail.
Now, I've not yet seen a good tutorial on-line (a free one) but, if you are looking for a good reference book here is the one I use:
Microsoft Access 97 Developer's Handbook ISBN # 0-7821-1941-7

I hope this helps.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:33
Microsoft has created a number of databases to hold samples. Three of them are probably already on your hard drive:
solutions.mdb (my favorite)
orders.mdb
northwind.mdb (there is an on-line tutorial of this you can get to from the Microsoft site - I don't have the web address handy)

If you can't find the above files on your hard drive, install them from the Access installation CD.

And three more you can download from their download site:
qrysmp97.exe
frmsmp97.exe
rptsmp97.exe
The above three files are self extracting zip files. You can get them at: http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/LNP126.asp?PR=ACC&T1=1d&FR=0&A=T&T=B&S=F&

You will find examples of what you want to do in orders.mdb and probably several others also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom