automatic updates in a combo box (1 Viewer)

Data Slave

Local time
Today, 02:31
I have 2 combo boxes - one called QUADNAME and one called QUADCODE. Each one of them is a combo box with the quadname and the quadcode. The QUADNAME box has the quadname first and then the QUADCODE. The QUADCODE box has the code and then the name. I want to be able to scroll through the QUADNAMEs and the QUADCODE box to show the code that coresponds to the name. The values for these combo boxes are stored in a table called QUADCODES. I then want the values from these combo boxes (one box or both) to be stored in a table called OMINOUS. I'm really confused about how to do all of this. I don't have experience with Visual Basic so I've been searching everywhere on how to write the code. I tried using the:
Me.[Field2]=Me.[Field1].Column(1)
method, but I can't get it to work. I would appreciate any advice. I would rather not use the DLookUp function if I don't have to.
Thanx for your time.

JINKS

Local time
The me command won't work because that changes details on the current form. you need to set up a query that search for the entered code. Which then inserts it into the form your using.

Data Slave

Local time
I can't figure this out. I have even changed the QUADCODE combo box to a text box to try to resolve the problem. It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to do. Am I missing something? I tried to create queries and relationships and I can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone know how to do this? I figured out a way to use DLookUp before but I can't get it back. I'm at a loss. Anything would help.
Thanx,
Data Slave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom