Automatically change Combo box values based on the value selection of another combo box on the same form (1 Viewer)

jamilmurad

Local time
Today, 02:43
Assalam o alaikum respected members
hope u r fine. I am posting this because I am facing a technical issue in my database which I have designed for my school/college. Actually I have a form where I have a Combo box field named Class and another combo box field named Group. Both fields are linked to two different tables not linked with each other. I want to limit Group options based on Class value selection such that only Pre engineering and Pre Medical options to appear in Group when a user selects Fsc in Class combo box but unfortunately all the available options appear regardless of class value.
Plz help me in solving this issue. I am hopeful that I will get help as always.
Regards

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 360

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Maybe you could look into "Cascading Comboboxes." There should be some sample available here.

jamilmurad

Local time
Hi. Maybe you could look into "Cascading Comboboxes." There should be some sample avail

Hi. Maybe you could look into "Cascading Comboboxes." There should be some sample available here.
thanks for your response theDBguy. As per my knowledge Cascading Combobox is used with linked table fields, since in my database Class and Group fields are not linked so want to limit options on the form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
thanks for your response theDBguy. As per my knowledge Cascading Combobox is used with linked table fields, since in my database Class and Group fields are not linked so want to limit options on the form.
You can use whatever "limit" you had in mind. Can you show us some sample data to give us a clue?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:43
I answered a similar question a few years back with a YouTube video which you can watch on my website here (Video No 4) :-

Cascading Combobox:-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom