selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 12:48
Quick question on the avatars.

I've seen so many cute ones that are animated avatars. However when I try to upload one myself, it says I can't. :(

Why? Did it change and the ones that had it before the change keep theirs, or am I doing something wrong?

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
File size ;)

The error says I can't upload animated GIFS......So :p

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 11:48
I'm wondering if it's something that happened with the forum hijack and consequent rebuilding? Maybe there is a "switch" somewhere that didn't get changed to allow animated .gif files again???

selenau837

Local time
MrsGorilla said:
I'm wondering if it's something that happened with the forum hijack and consequent rebuilding? Maybe there is a "switch" somewhere that didn't get changed to allow animated .gif files again???

I guess, perhaps they can turn it on. I've found several cute ones.

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
So now you believe her? ;) :D
I didn't disbelieve her to start with, I just had no experience of the problem previously and could only offer assistance based on that previous knowledge :cool: :p

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
I didn't disbelieve her to start with, I just had no experience of the problem previously and could only offer assistance based on that previous knowledge :cool: :p

Say it isn’t so?

Rich making post, using outdated or inaccurate information.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 17:48
Check the size of your avatar - both in file size (kb) and in dimensions. If I remember correctly, it's 50x50 for avatars here.

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
And I have another question about avatars - where do you people find them? I have had limited luck finding any that are any good. If you have any links, I would appreciate help in that area. Thanks!

Lisa

selenau837

Local time
SJ McAbney said:
Check the size of your avatar - both in file size (kb) and in dimensions. If I remember correctly, it's 50x50 for avatars here.

Humm, I've made sure they are ok, but it says no animated gifs allowed. :( I just dont' know.

Bart Fishermans

Give peace a chance.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:48
SJ McAbney said:
Thanks for that info. And I take it that animated ones are not possible?:cool:

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time

This is posted at the bottom of your Edit Avatar page:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 50 by 50 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

bwrobel

Corporate Buttkisser :P
Local time
I resized mine to 50 by 50 and it's only 7.9 KB ..... Still not working, saying cannot load animated gifs.

I even tried 49 by 49, denied.....

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
You can only load one file. How are you resizing your animated gif? Unless you have a program that creates animated gifs you will not be able to resize it since each animated gif contains many still pictures so each one would have to be resized and then you would have to recompile the pictures to create the animated gif.

bwrobel

Corporate Buttkisser :P
Local time
I am resizing it using PrintShop5 Animation Shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom