Barcode printing (1 Viewer)

Reshmi mohankumar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:57
I am going to print barcodes of my data for that I used( 3 of 9)font it generates barcodes but I can't read through device. Will please suggest me . or will have any free barcode fonts?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 04:27
what does: " I can't read through device" mean?
the scanner cannot read the printed barcode?

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:27
Firstly, check the scanner is functional. Can it read any code from another source? Maybe try scanning a can of beans.

If you are then sure the scanner works, try modifying the size of the printed bar codes. I have had instances where if the bar code is too big a font, it has not scanned.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:27
Depends which barcode you are using. Usually you need to prefix twith some chars the code you want to barcode that is why it is not reading it.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:27
Agree with Arnel - Try adding an * before and after the text you are trying to create the barcode for. Something like

BarcodeString : "*" & [YourField] & "*"

And increase the font size.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:27
Indeed. Read the scanner specs. There might even be an initiation scanning process where certain 'codes' are required to put it in the correct mode.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:27
There might even be an initiation scanning process where certain 'codes' are required to put it in the correct mode.

Usually barcode scanners work straight out of the box. However if you are using a second-hand one you have acquired, it could well be setup differently.

If that's the case then you should have a manual which will contain barcodes that you scan to set the barcode scanner up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom