Been a while !! (1 Viewer)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 04:00
Hello peeps (in the UK) !

It has been a while, since we met up. The last time we did was in London - September 2014. Wow, it has been 6 months already and I feel it is time we made the effort to meet up. I am sure some of us would agree. Last time, we did try to make the effort of asking people where they would like to meet and a convenient location. Have to be honest, it was not a great success. Although have to thank CJ_London, Uncle Gizmo, Isskint and bob fitz for making the effort to come over and share a few hours with us all. It was good to see them, would have been great if there were more than just 5 of us.

So I was thinking if people would like to meet up for a bank holiday weekend. Say, May 24 2015, Sunday noon-ish in Bristol? It would be nice to catch up.

So who is in? Any suggestions or comments?

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Certainly something I would be happy to attend again Paul. However I am unavailable for that Sunday.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'd be interested.

Note:- that's a bank holiday weekend, may not suit some...

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
@Isskint > That is bad. :(

@Uncle Gizmo > Thought that might be a suitable time, given the fact many of us would have it off?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I would be but that weekend is a busy one unfortunately.
And Bristol would be very convenient for me :)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Well some people like to use their holiday time for an extended trip and having a meeting in the middle of it may not suit. That's what i meant.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
@ Minty, what weekend would you prefer.

@Uncle Gizmo, I understand what you mean. Okay what would be a good date? Any suggestions?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Okay, how about May 30? The Saturday that follows the Bank Holiday Monday. Would anyone be interested to go for that date? Location still being Bristol? As no one seemed to disagree on that.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Sorry guys, as much as I would love to spend some tine with you again I'm sorry to say that Bristol is a bit too far away from me.
BTW My divorce has now been made final and I am getting married to a wonderful lady called Brenda later this year.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Sorry guys, as much as I would love to spend some tine with you again I'm sorry to say that Bristol is a bit too far away from me.
I am really sorry you cannot make it Bob, we will see if many think Bristol is too far. In that case, we will see if we can find a better suited location. :)
BTW My divorce has now been made final and I am getting married to a wonderful lady called Brenda later this year.
Congratulations ! Does that mean we are invited for the wedding? :p

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I am trying a mobile app so if this does not post correctly please let me know....

Paul... I recall that you used an online tool to hone in on a suitable date for people.. Is there something similar for location? Locations which might be suitable:- Oxford Winchester Southampton.

Are there any other suggestions for location?

And it might be worth setting up the online tool for the date as well.

By the way I am implying that it is Paul's responsibility to set this up, that's not my intention, I am willing to help as I am sure others are, just need a bit of a push in the right direction.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Thank you Tony, I have created this survey, you can find it at SurveyMoney. Please encourage people to take the effort to fill in. We will make it happen. :) Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi everyone. Thanks to Paul for creating the survey.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Thanks to everyone who filled in the survey. I was off on holiday, for about a week. I was hoping to see great response, but only 4 so far :(

It would be nice to meetup. I think it is way too soon to inform about the outcome. So please, encourage other to do it, so we could make it happen :)

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
I'd go... but
I'm no Access expert:(
And working the 30th

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Thanks MackMan for your response. :) It is not an Access "Expert" gathering. It is purely a meetup of people who happen to be a part of the AWF Forum.

I am no expert, I just like meeting people and putting some faces on the profiles I normally see on here. You are more than welcome. :)

Guys, should I open up more dates? Or More locations? Any suggestions?

CJ_London, Isskint are you guys around? Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom