best way to use results in a report (1 Viewer)

penfold1992

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:24
I have a report which has a parameter.

The parameter returns between 1 and 5 results and gives out a report for each result (as expected)

each result will contain a number between 1 and 3 which I was to display as a colored block. (1 = red, 2 = yellow, 3 = green).

normally with a report you would state the field you wish to view but in this case I dont want to show the number, just use the number to display a color.

as there is a parameter, and the fact that the number could change for each result of the report, I dont think I can set up a macro in the reports "open" macro.

does anyone know how I can do this?

in conclusion. On open, I want to get out some numbers, and color some blocks depending on the numbers.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:24
Can you tell us in plain English WHAT the report is for and what it's suppose to show?

penfold1992

Registered User.
Local time
I have attached a workbook trying to explain what i want to do...

I can make the reports state the number, i just cant get the report to show a color depending on that number (rank in the excel spreadsheet)

Attachments

• Book1.xls
    23.5 KB · Views: 57

penfold1992

Registered User.
Local time
does this make more sense of what the report is trying to accomplish?

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:24
This now sounds as if you want conditional formatting. Selet the output field in design mode, go to format; Conditional formatting; New rule; select field value equal to; 1; define colour; save; create a new rule for 2 etc.
Ian

penfold1992

Registered User.
Local time
BINGO!

I didnt realise you could do conditional formatting on access...
Is it possible to copy and paste the conditional formatting... because I've got to repeat this for several boxes :p

Thanks so much for that!

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:24
Sorry about the delay - The Microsoft standard format painter works to dupliacte the format features of any of the objects.
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom