Bird Haters Unite (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 05:13
In a few days it will be the 6 month anniversary of my snakes verses pooping birds. Not one single dropping. On the far side of the porch where there is no snake one little tiny dropping, so I know they are still around. My next endeavor is how to keep the egrets from landing on my head while I am cutting the grass. I imagine they want a birds eye view of the bugs I am uncovering for them. (PUN INTENDED)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
COOL!
Maybe you can find a fashionable owl hat? Or if you want to be patriotic, get a hat with a bald eagle on top. If the egrets are not afraid of the eagle, at least they will have no place to land. :D

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
COOL!
Maybe you can find a fashionable owl hat? Or if you want to be patriotic, get a hat with a bald eagle on top. If the egrets are not afraid of the eagle, at least they will have no place to land. :D
I need the fertilizer for my garden!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I think you'd be better off with something else. Get a cow, sheep or horse. Fresh pig stuff has too much nitrogen in it. Then again...bacon!!!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I think you'd be better off with something else. Get a cow, sheep or horse. Fresh pig stuff has too much nitrogen in it. Then again...bacon!!!
Decisions, decisions, decisions
Actually I have 4 horse farms on all for sides of me.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:13
LOL!
If I had pine martens in my roof I think I'd have to move!
The house martins(!) do aerial acrobatics around and across our pond every day. Wonderful!

EDIT
Just realised that, with your surname, you do have Martens at your house 😉

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
We had some deer getting drunk on fermented apples.
They had no fear of humans.
drunks.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:13
In the last several months, we have had an invasion of ducks in our neighborhood. My block is two blocks from the shores of Lake Ponchartrain (which is 24 mi. N/S and 60 mi. E/W), and about a long block from an open drainage canal So plenty of water for them. I don't mind the ducks but their duck poop is quite annoying. By now we have at least six or seven fertile females who have hatched out a brood or two. I've seen as many as 11 little ducklings waddling around the neighborhood trailing behind Mama Duck and not being particularly quiet. If they left it would be OK, but we have a few dunderheads who feed them. It is a violation of state Wildlife and Fisheries regulations to feed wild animals, mostly for fear of making them dependent on humans for food and thus damaging their ability to live in the wild.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
rubber snakes still working 14 months later, no bird droppings. However, housekeep still not happy. Last time she was here she took a stick and moved them.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:13
We had some deer getting drunk on fermented apples.
They had no fear of humans.
View attachment 86076

Speaking of animals and fermented things,...

Some years ago my wife and I went on a Christmas Eve riverboat cruise about 50 miles up the Mississippi River and back to go past the places that light bonfires on the levee (to guide Papa Noel). I met Al Hirt, the famous trumpet player, on that cruise. He was with his third (or was it fourth?) wife. During that cruise we passed by some grain elevators and heard quite a racket. As we got closer, we recognized the sound of ducks quacking rather strangely. But we also smelled the fermented grain. Those ducks were stinkin' drunk! Of course, what happens is that you never quite completely get all the grain out of the elevator because some of it spills off the conveyor belt and falls into the shallow water. So you have grain and water and open air... voila! Corn liquor! Trust me, these birds were NOT ready to fly anywhere.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Speaking of animals and fermented things,...

Some years ago my wife and I went on a Christmas Eve riverboat cruise about 50 miles up the Mississippi River and back to go past the places that light bonfires on the levee (to guide Papa Noel). I met Al Hirt, the famous trumpet player, on that cruise. He was with his third (or was it fourth?) wife. During that cruise we passed by some grain elevators and heard quite a racket. As we got closer, we recognized the sound of ducks quacking rather strangely. But we also smelled the fermented grain. Those ducks were stinkin' drunk! Of course, what happens is that you never quite completely get all the grain out of the elevator because some of it spills off the conveyor belt and falls into the shallow water. So you have grain and water and open air... voila! Corn liquor! Trust me, these birds were NOT ready to fly anywhere.
June 2003 I was preaching in Sparta, WI and spotted an ad for a prime rib moonlight river cruise up the MS. It was great. Until then I had not realized the MS went all the way up into WI.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Just came back from TX and found we had heavy winds. As I approached the porch, I as startled by a snake on the ground but realized it was one of my rubber snakes. Both of them had been blown off the handrails. You guessed it, bird droppings on the handrails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom