Black form when connecting to network. (1 Viewer)

John Sh

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:41
This post is a bit of a trick for others having a similar problem.
I have a series of simple forms that contain nothing but an embedded picture, see the sample.
When running on my local machine they show as expected.
When running on a network they often show as a black rectangle and might eventually show normally.
I have tried many things to correct this behaviour and finally added a control button that is transparent with a transparent border.
This seems to have fixed the problem.

The purpose of these forms, which display randomly, is to give a bit of humour while waiting for the network to catch up.

Attachments

• Database1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 63

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 13:41
When running on a network they often show as a black rectangle and might eventually show normally.
Why would you run a form on a network. The only thing that should be pull through the network is data from the back end tables on the network. The forms should always be local no matter what. So please explain further what you mean by running on the network. How can I duplicate the problem you are describing? What is the point behind the command button? If it solves your problem as you described, how is it actually solving the problem? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

John Sh

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:41
Why would you run a form on a network. The only thing that should be pull through the network is data from the back end tables on the network. The forms should always be local no matter what. So please explain further what you mean by running on the network. How can I duplicate the problem you are describing? What is the point behind the command button? If it solves your problem as you described, how is it actually solving the problem? It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Once again my wording lets me down.
You are correct, the back end is on the network and the front end is on the local machine.,
The problem appears when running front end, back end via the network.
If I run the "unsplit" version on my local machine the problem does not appear.
Instant thought: I haven't tried splitting to the local machine.
I'll do that today and see what happens. It may be the split and not the network that's causing this behaviour.
As for the button, it obviously does nothing but does seem to cause the form to appear normally.
Why this is so, I have no idea. I was just trying to solve the problem by any means.
There is a login form prior to the backup form showing and a menu after it. They both have embedded pictures and they both work as expected.
I tried loading the backup form with the backup routines, thinking if the form "had something to do" it might work.
The backup routine achieved it's goal but the form remained blacked out.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 13:41
Thanks for clarifying your issue. That is a strange one for sure. How you discovered the button on the form trick is mind blowing. Glad you at least have it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom