Bob Larson 30,000 Posts (1 Viewer)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 21:32
Bob I can't post in the News Forum so maybe someone could move this.

Congratulations on 30,000 Posts. Well done.

Thanks for your efforts. Well done.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 03:32
That is pretty incredible Bob. Congratulations, and thanks for your tremendous contribution. :)

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:32
Wow! 30,000 posts is an extraordinary achievement, not just because the number is so huge, but 30,000 posts of the highest quality is just..... well I don't know. Words fail me. Perhaps someone other than Bob Larson can help me, after all we can't expect him to answer every question. :)
Any way, just wanted to add my congratulations and thanks for all your good work. Long may it continue.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:32
Yes indeed, congratulations Bob.

People may not be aware that a few years ago some of the members here lost a large number off their post count due to a site problem. I believe Bob lost in excess of 10,000 off his count so we should be looking at over 40,000 by now.

Well done, Bob.

Regards,
Chris.

jojo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:32
30000! Congratulations to Bob Larso and a personal thank you for the answers to my questions. You helped me iron out some kinks in my system; thank you so much, congrats again
Jojo

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Great work Bob, congrats! :) I'm sure he will see the post at some point (being a Super Mod).

frozbie

Occasional Access Wizard
Local time
One of Bob's older posts helped me out today. I don't know how many times I've found your posts helpful Bob, but it is a lot.

Thank you!

Mark

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Bob I can't post in the News Forum so maybe someone could move this.

Congratulations on 30,000 Posts. Well done.

Thanks for your efforts. Well done.
Thanks Rain. Since my "naughty" with Rich's account, I've not been focused on post counts. He would have beaten me to it has that not occurred. But I am proud that most of mine are from the actual Access help areas and not the more social ones.

That is pretty incredible Bob. Congratulations, and thanks for your tremendous contribution.
Thanks Mark. It is nice to be appreciated.
Wow! 30,000 posts is an extraordinary achievement, not just because the number is so huge, but 30,000 posts of the highest quality is just..... well I don't know. Words fail me. Perhaps someone other than Bob Larson can help me, after all we can't expect him to answer every question.
Any way, just wanted to add my congratulations and thanks for all your good work. Long may it continue.
Well Bob, not all are "high quality" but just happy to be able to help.

Yes indeed, congratulations Bob.

People may not be aware that a few years ago some of the members here lost a large number off their post count due to a site problem. I believe Bob lost in excess of 10,000 off his count so we should be looking at over 40,000 by now.

Well done, Bob.

Regards,
Chris.
Thanks Chris. I don't think I had lost that many. I do believe that the hack happened at a time before I had really started posting a lot here. I had started out just learning Access by subscribing to threads where I saw someone asked a question that I wanted the answer to as well. Then in about 2005 or 2006, I finally had the lightbulb come on as far as Access goes and started posting at a high rate.

30000! Congratulations to Bob Larso and a personal thank you for the answers to my questions. You helped me iron out some kinks in my system; thank you so much, congrats again
Jojo
Jojo - glad I could help.
Wow, and I thought I had a lot.
Yeah, but it also means that I am on here way too much (or at least used to be).

Great work Bob, congrats! I'm sure he will see the post at some point (being a Super Mod).
Thanks for your efforts. Well done.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. And I did see this as you can see. (I was kind of hoping nobody would make a big deal about it.) I still can't fathom that I still have an average per day count of over 7, especially since I've been off for months at a time.

One of Bob's older posts helped me out today. I don't know how many times I've found your posts helpful Bob, but it is a lot.

Thank you!

Mark
Mark - You are welcome. Glad an older post could help. My older posts are interesting to read sometimes because it shows how much I didn't know back then. :D

So thanks to everyone here. This has been my favorite forum and I keep coming back again and again, even when I think I'm through with it all.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Congratulations Bob on an outstanding post count (not to mention other behind the scenes work that others don't see, such as making useful site suggestions, dealing with spam and so forth).

Maybe you can enlighten others here why you post so often. Is it something you enjoy doing? An addiction? It helps you learn? Please, do tell!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Maybe you can enlighten others here why you post so often. Is it something you enjoy doing? An addiction? It helps you learn? Please, do tell!
It might be classified as an addiction. I have found that it gives me feelings of satisfaction when I can help someone with a problem. And, as for it being here, it probably has to do with the fact that this was the first forum I came to when I needed help back in 1997 when I just started out learning Access. So it feels like home. And then there was a long period of time where I was essentially the only active moderator and we didn't have good spam controls in place, like we do today, and as I fought the spammers, including proactively getting rid of them as they registered, I think my emotional investment in this forum grew as well.

So that is probably it in as concise format as I can muster.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Wow, was it really 1997 this forum was around? I remember back then there were hardly any discussion forums on the net, although perhaps there were usenet newsgroups.

So you have been here 15 years? Incredible!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Wow, was it really 1997 this forum was around? I remember back then there were hardly any discussion forums on the net, although perhaps there were usenet newsgroups.

So you have been here 15 years? Incredible!

My start date on my profile lists it as January 2001, but I thought that I had registered earlier than that but lost my profile for some reason and then had to re-register.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I for one am thankful Bob for the time and money you have saved me. Helping people is also my life. Unfortunately I can't help much in access, but I do in other areas. In fact that is I why I haven’t been on the forum much for the last week, as myself and another friend drove from FL to Longview, TX.

The only area in access that I have help in access is a calendar that I made with help from another coder. I gave it to someone here on the forum. On that note if anybody else want it, PM me and I will gladly give it free of charge. It has three months (MSComCtl2.MonthView.2) has a date and subject search feature. Yes, BOB IT has a spell checker.<G>
BTW any forum people in Longview?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Congrats Bob. That's an amazing number of posts.

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
Yes, Congrats Bob I know you have helped me out tremendously in my quest!
BRAVO! :D

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
The forum is telling me to post something since its been a while so i figured this would be a good place to post.

Thanks for all you do Bob!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Other users postcounts would be in the tens of thousands had they not been lost when the site was hacked, or heavy handed mods deleted usernames for no real reason.

Col

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:02
It is not only number of posts that counts but the number of years put in and devotion to help people. Congrats BOB.

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:32
So many thanks!!!
Worth every 30,000 you should have!

Congrats
JP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom