Book reviews (1 Viewer)

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:50
I also got these great Polish postage stamps from the US, made into bookmarks. (See attachment)

Attachments

• Znaczki.jpg
    Znaczki.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 79

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:50
As to the stamps, the USA flower-stamp series is also very pretty. However, the historical stamps were really neat!

Can't say I've every studied Polish - but at least I understand Polish Notation! (Needed it for my old HP hand-held calculator, model 45!)

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Polish notation, eh? Nice one, Doc_Man!

I study one Polish verb per day, as well as completing the exercises in my "Basic Polish" workbook. I'm intending to travel there one day, so it makes sense to become fluent in their language. I've been to India three times, but not to Europe. Can't wait to get out of boring, hot, fly-ridden Australia for a while, at least a few months.

I have Polish contacts and they assure me that my plans to emigrate are achievable! They're also very flattered that I can speak a bit of the old „język polski”!

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 04:50
I'd recommend hitting up Kraków. Was able to visit this wonderful city once. Oddly I developed the habit of counting Nuns while I was there... Over three days I counted 57, plus a pair of Priests, a Rabbi, and a black Monk in purple robes...

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, I was actually planning to do Kraków to kick off the journey. My contacts are in Poznań and Białystok, so there may be a bit of meandering involved, plenty of trains and buses, etc. That's where my language skills will really be tested.

It's going to be fantastic, I can't wait!

@Mark_, yes, many of the Poles are very pious. I understand that the monks dressed in black are the ones who have spent much of their lifetime in prayer. Did you happen to visit anywhere else in Poland?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom