Browse CD link (1 Viewer)

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:31
Hi all,
I have created an index page on a CD to automatically run when the CD is inserted.
From this page I have links that will open PDF files on the CD (Its a user manual type thing). I would like to put another link on the page to open windows explorer with the CD directory displayed but cant work out how.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:31
In HTML? it might be very tricky, HTML is really only designed to link to other pages or documents stored on the webserver (or in your case the CD/ DVD).

Someone with more HTML experience may be able to hack something together but your biggest obstacle will be that each person may have different drive letter associated to it (mine is K yours may be D) so you'd have to detect the drive letter then 'pass' that info on to then open explorer to that location.

I think a different language would be more suitable, JavaScript? that can be easily integrated into HTML files again you'll need someone with coding experience, maybe Flash or VB (that might be a good bet).

The way it works on other disk is that it 'programmed' using what ever language and complied as an exe.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:31
After trolling the net i found the answer very simple.
I designed the web page in dreamweaver, and in the link text box i simply put: /Manuals

(Manuals is the name of one of the folders on the CD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom