Solved Calculation to get mark up (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 09:48
I am trying to take a field then divide it by a percentage to get a value that is marked up.
An example would be you have $2 and want a 5% mark up, so you would divide 2 by .95 to get $2.10 (rounded).

The field in my table is set to Single for size then formatted to percent. On my form, I have a calculated field doing :
=([Price]+IIf(IsNull([Freight]),0,[Freight])+(IIf(IsNull([LampPrice]),0,[LampPrice])*IIf(IsNull([NumberOfLamps]),0,[NumberOfLamps])))
This gets my "true" cost of an item. I then want to divide it by my field ([GP]) to get my mark up. But when I do the above expression divided by [GP], I get some pretty weird results until I go over 100%, then it works how it should. Anything below 100% has some pretty off the wall multipliers.

I want the [GP] field to display as a percent, but the ACTUAL number would be different. So the users would enter 2%, but the expression would get divided by .98. What do I need to change to accomplish this?

tmyers

Local time
Today, 09:48
Why does it tend to be the simplest things I keep messing up :(

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:48
TBH I would calculate it as Net + (GP/100*Net)
Your rounded $2.10 should be $2.11 according to my rounding.?
$35 net comes to $36.84 your way and $36.75 my way, also the same as DBguy's way ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom