calendar and order of things (1 Viewer)

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:43
Hi, I have a working pop-up calendar, courtesy of the samples database.

I am currently employing it in a Leave Records Table. Application date, start and end dates all on the double-click event. For the EndDate I also have code in the Before and After events. I run calculations to see if employee has enough leave accrued to be able to take this leave; calc days taken; etc.

With the introduction of the calendar in the double-click event the after events don't seem to happen.

Can anyone help me with the logical step of events here. The code works fine without the calendar. I'm thinking it's in the events, somehow.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:43
Im pretty sure the Before and AfterUpdate events do not fire when the control is completed with code, only when the user actually makes the change. I believe you can use the OnExit event to do your testing and verification and Cancel the event to hold the user in the control.

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks RuralGuy, I will try that and post back. :)

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks RuralGuy, this seems to be working quite well. I have a number of places to change, to get it working in all fields. At the moment the client isn't going for all the bells and whistles so full implementation won't happen until then. Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom