Calling all members in UK (1 Viewer)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 07:41
Hello !

In December 2013, me and two other AWF members met up for a good meal, some banter and also a brief talk about Access and how they impact our day to day life. It was fun, informative and also was really good to put some faces onto profile names. Since we enjoyed it, we thought we might do it again sometime soon.

So we are planning the meet this year on the last Saturday of March (29/03/2014). People who are in London or who can commute to London for the day, we would be really glad to meet you. I have created a Doodle event, to see how many of us would be there, and to map the most convenient time. Of course we can use this thread for more discussion, but if you are interested to join, throw in some ideas, can you please fill in the event?

PS: Last week of March is quiet a bit of notice, so I hope to see many faces :)

Last edited:

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
It would be nice to meet some other members, unfortunately I have not used Access now for over 6 years, so fear that any talk on the subject would be well over my head....

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
It would be nice to meet some other members, unfortunately I have not used Access now for over 6 years, so fear that any talk on the subject would be well over my head....
It would be painful if we talk only about Access in social meet ups ! We can put a cap on that LOL. Come along, it would be fun to see you in person :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Oh dear, I shall be in London the following weekend 5th April for 3 nights, I would have liked to meet but sadly can't make the previous weekend.

Col

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Oh dear, I shall be in London the following weekend 5th April for 3 nights, I would have liked to meet but sadly can't make the previous weekend.
Col, the more the merrier, lets see how many people would be happy to move it to April 5. If that is something agreeable by everyone, then I would gladly be happy to do it then. :)

Check the updated Doodle !

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Col, the more the merrier, lets see how many people would be happy to move it to April 5. If that is something agreeable by everyone, then I would gladly be happy to do it then. :)

Check the updated Doodle !

Hmmm, I filled in the doodle, it seems that the 5th April is not really on with most.

Perhaps you had better go with your original plan, I can't arrive in London until after 4pm on the 5th.

Col

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Hmmm, I filled in the doodle, it seems that the 5th April is not really on with most.

Perhaps you had better go with your original plan, I can't arrive in London until after 4pm on the 5th.

Col
It's only 3 people so far Col, lets wait and see. :D

I was thinking about catching a bus back home, the same day. Then again I can crash at my brother's house for the night and go back on Sunday ! So I will be okay ! :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
It's only 3 people so far Col, lets wait and see. :D

I was thinking about catching a bus back home, the same day. Then again I can crash at my brother's house for the night and go back on Sunday ! So I will be okay ! :)

Ok, let's wait.

I failed to spot you are in Bournemouth, my apologies.

Lets monitor the situation then you can decide what is best.

Col

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
So looks like March has dawned upon us. Maybe we have another 25 days or so for the meet up, just need to shake this up ! Any more takes?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I'm in...

Can I post to other access users in other places?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
and I'm in - have we moved the date to the 5th April? or still 29th March?

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Sounds like a great idea. I have a few things on around then but will see if i can move them a bit. That's a tentative Yes :confused:

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Sounds like a great idea. I have a few things on around then but will see if i can move them a bit. That's a tentative Yes :confused:
Sure Isskint, you can always put If Need Be in the event, then we can have a rough estimate, booking table or something could be easier that's why we got the Doodle up. It would be great to see ya ! :)

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:41
An amazing idea.
Not this year but, I hope, next year I'll be near you.
I like to wish everyone of you to have a good party in that day.
And, please, drink something for me !

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
We have a great response of 12 participants for the event so far ! Woop Woop ! Not great, but much better than 3 LOL. :D

The popular date is 29th March 12 PM an amazing 58% (sounds much better with percentages) Yes, and 17% If need be's. If the 'If need be' status change their mind we will have an amazing 75% Yes for that date and time. It will be very interesting !

There is still plenty of time ! So people if you are still interested please provide the name and possible time to make a finalized decision.

Also I am not sure if I recognize most of them, if in case we decide a date and time, we need to be able to contact these people. I will try to list who is who.
Code:
[B]Name               |    PrimaryForum    |    UserName[/B]
-------------------+--------------------+------------------
Paul Eugin         |    AWF             |    [URL="http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=98669"]pr2-eugin[/URL]
Chris Arnold       |    AWF             |    [URL="http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=117916"]CJ_London[/URL]
Colinessex         |    AWF             |    [URL="http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=7588"]ColinEssex[/URL]
Holly Associated   |    AWF             |    [URL="http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=118979"]Holly_Associated[/URL]
TØny Hine          |    AWF             |    [URL="http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=14645"]Uncle Gizmo[/URL]
Robert Austin      |    [COLOR=Red][B]???            [/B][COLOR=Black] |[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][B]    ????[/B][/COLOR]
Nilesh             |    [COLOR=Red][B]???             [/B][COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red] [B]   ????[/B][/COLOR]
Greg Milner        |    [COLOR=Red][B]???             [/B][COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][B]    ????[/B][/COLOR]
Mario              |    [COLOR=Red][B]???             [/B][COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][B]    ????[/B][/COLOR]
Asif               |    [COLOR=Red][B]???             [/B][COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][B]    ????[/B][/COLOR]
Baki Billah Laskar |    [COLOR=Red][B]???             [/B][COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][B]    ????[/B][/COLOR]
Mark Godwin        |    AWF             |    [URL="http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=103599"]Isskint[/URL]

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Tony, do you know who Robert, Nilesh, Greg, Mario, Asif, Baki are? Are they members of the other forums where you invited people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom