Can a pdf shown in a web browser control be read only? (1 Viewer)

jocph

Local time
Today, 16:04
Good day to the very helpful members of Access World!

We have some forms with web browser control that shows the pdf file for a specific selection from a list box. For security reasons, the management wants to disable saving a copy and printing capability of the pdf being shown. Is this possible? If it is, can you point me to the direction on how this can be done?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:04
Hi. The most direct approach is to secure those PDFs rather than rely on Access. Because even if you can prevent it from Access, users might find another way outside of Access.

In Access, the only thing I could think of is to disable the browser control. Basically, make the PDFs untouchable.

jocph

Local time
Today, 16:04
Hi. The most direct approach is to secure those PDFs rather than rely on Access. Because even if you can prevent it from Access, users might find another way outside of Access.

In Access, the only thing I could think of is to disable the browser control. Basically, make the PDFs untouchable.
Hi the DBGuy. What you say makes sense. We have the pro Acrobat version so should be able to disable printing if we save the file as secured pdf. Thanks for the reply!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:04
Hi the DBGuy. What you say makes sense. We have the pro Acrobat version so should be able to disable printing if we save the file as secured pdf. Thanks for the reply!
You're welcome and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom