Can an iPhone that is switched off forward a text message to an iPad (1 Viewer)

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
My iPhone when turned on will forward text messages to my iPad and also notice of a phone call.

Is there any way to do it when the phone is switched off.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:44
If it's switched off, it won't do anything - you need to see what functionality your service provider can supply. There is a 62 code for when your phone is unreachable (which I guess it is if switched off), but think this only applies to calls and whether or not your service provider supports it. No idea about forwarding text message when unreachable - this link may be of help - see bottom half of page https://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/59404/use-conditional-call-forwarding-iphone/

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
If it's switched off, it won't do anything - you need to see what functionality your service provider can supply. There is a 62 code for when your phone is unreachable (which I guess it is if switched off), but think this only applies to calls and whether or not your service provider supports it. No idea about forwarding text message when unreachable - this link may be of help - see bottom half of page https://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/59404/use-conditional-call-forwarding-iphone/
Yes, I could probably do something with phone/internet company with forwarding but want to avoid doing that.

My reason is I have an iPhone SE which I got just after they came out and I want to preserve it for as long as possible.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:44
Electronic devices, unless totally removed from a power source, are never off. They are always on, in some manner.

I do not have an iPhone, but I do have Android devices. Google acts as an omnipresent (cloud based) device manager, meaning that any text message sent from or to a specific email account will be available to all devices. So it does not matter if a specific device is turned off.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Electronic devices, unless totally removed from a power source, are never off. They are always on, in some manner.

I do not have an iPhone, but I do have Android devices. Google acts as an omnipresent (cloud based) device manager, meaning that any text message sent from or to a specific email account will be available to all devices. So it does not matter if a specific device is turned off.

I have one iPhone, 3 iPads and 7 Laptops. I have Gmail and emai; I receive or send will be on each of them. However, the email address is different. On the other hand the iPhone has a different number to the iPad. I was thinking iCloud would do the trick and both are signed in. I need to yet go to that link CJ London posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom