Can anyone explain office 365 versions? Need to spec latest Office 2019 (1 Viewer)

cedar

Local time
Today, 01:59
I've been attempting to use ODT to download and install a most recent version of office 365 Office 2019, mostly for Access. I find the versions numbers quite baffling. Supposedly one can use the ODT with the tag targetversion to spec a specific build and version.
The FMS page is maybe the best listing of office 365 releases; it attempts to group the release by what I would normally call Access versions (access 2016, 2019 etc)

The fms page is not up to date, and it has gaps, but it seems to offer more info than the msft page, though the msft page has all versions, presumably.

I've removed both urls in an attempt to get this post up on the board.

One thing that's confusing is that office 2016, 2019, and 2021 are all internally pegged as office 16.

Then, on the FMS page you'll find 15330.20264 listed for Access 2016, 2019, and 2021.

Now how to assemble that into a version that is requested via the ODT? Here is how you call it out according to every reference I've found, including msft

HTML:
<Configuration>
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" TargetVersion="16.0.[I]xxxxx.yyyyy[/I]" />
</Configuration>

Why wouldn't that install office 2021 version 15330.20264? How would I spec office 2019?

Separately I can't get any call with the ODT to work, even if I use config xml for versions that I don't want. There are many examples out there, all result in couldn't install, check disk space and internet connection. But that's a separate topic.

I have written to FMS about that page (different topic) but no meaningful response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom