Can form (in datasheet view) be displayed as subdatasheet (1 Viewer)

Dmitrijs (DJ

Local time
Today, 14:28
Good afternoon

I have form1 with datasheet view in default. Data for it is filtered by query1 where criteria is "<>0" (for number) and "False" (for tickbox). Table contains: Pallet_ID (which can be duplicated), Quantity, Date_Time, Investigated?(Tickbox), Comments, Color((combo box)This is to higlight line with conditional formating in form1). Also I've created another query2 with all data from the main table. In a query1 I have inserted Subdatasheet from query2 where Pallet_ID is linked.

Can I make this form1 in Subdatasheet view with + and - like I have managed to do it with query1? Form1 shows data I need but there is no option to expand or collapse + and -.

Regards
DJ

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Subdatasheets use tables not forms. They can be confusing for end users and also cause performance issues because both the main table and subdatasheet table need to be loaded into memory at the same time.
For those reasons, I recommend not using them.
Far better to have a form with a datasheet subform to display the data

However, if you must use subdatasheets, create that at table level then create a continuous or datasheet form based on the main table.
That will achieve what you want.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:28
I also do not like to use subdatasheets for the same reasons as Colin. I would recommend an unbound main form with two bound subforms.
subform1 would be the list in DS view and subform2 would be the sublist, also in DS view if that makes sense. Here's a picture that shows three connected forms. Pic 1 is in form view. Pic 2 is design view with arrows showing how the forms relate. Pic 3 shows the Master/Child links for one of the subforms.
ThreeSubforms.JPG

ThreeSubForms2.JPG

Attachments

• ThreeSubforms3.JPG
    ThreeSubforms3.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 187

Dmitrijs (DJ

Local time
Good morning

Thanks for replies

It's answered my question.