Can I build a report with Cover page and multiple set of pages with different formatting? (1 Viewer)

Nanase_Hashimoto

Local time
Tomorrow, 10:38
Say if I am building a report for product spec sheet. Ineed to Build a Cover page with product image, a spec page with all the technical specs, and a third page for its drawing image. Is is possible to build a report like that? I tried, but seems like report are only designing for single pages formating only.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:38
Hi. I imagine that's possible, with maybe some creativity, but hard to say without being able to try it out.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 18:38
You would use sub-reports. Suppose you were doing a house buidling project database and wanted a report with 3 different pages--

1. Owner, contractor, builder data
2. Budget/Expenditure listing
3. Finished Images

You would build those 3 reports seperately get them looking like you want them individualy. Then you would take Report 1 and turn it into the Main Report by adding a page break at the bottom, inserting Report 2 as a sub report (linking it to the main report via ProjectID), then another page break and Report 3 as a sub report (linked via ProjectID). Open that up and you have a 3 page differently formated report for every housing project in your database.

Nanase_Hashimoto

Local time
Tomorrow, 10:38
You would use sub-reports. Suppose you were doing a house buidling database and wanted a report with 3 different pages--

1. Owner, contractor, builder data
2. Budget/Expenditure listing
3. Finished Images

You would build those 3 reports seperately get them looking like you want them individualy. Then you would take Report 1 and turn it into the Main Report by adding a page break at the bottom, inserting Report 2 as a sub report, then another page break and Report 3 as a sub report. Open that up and you have a 3 page differently formated report for every housing project in your database.
Appreciate! Never know that function. That might be what I am looking for. I'll have a try on the subreport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom