Can I change a checkbox to Yes/No in the report? (1 Viewer)

EdNerd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:16
(Using Access 365/2013/2016) My table has two fields that are Yes/No, with a checkbox Display Control. I am creating queries that use these controls, and then basing Reports on these queries. When the report is displayed, I would rather have a text value of Yes or No displayed instead of a box with a check mark (or not).

I tried creating a field in the query with =IIf([expReimb]=0,"No","Yes"), and when the query runs it shows Yes or No. But when I tried putting that field in the report, it still displayed the checkbox. SO I tried putting a Text Box control directly into the report, with the formula as the Control Source. But: (1) I got the dreaded Parameter Value pop-up, and (2) it still showed a checkbox instead of text values.

Might someone push me off in the right direction here, please??

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Try adding a textbox to the report and making the control source your calculated field. Failing that, add the expReimb field to the query and put the formula in a textbox.

EdNerd

Registered User.
Local time
Ahhh .... I put the calculated field in the query, where it displayed the desired result. But I then removed the original field from the query. When I restored the original field to the query, the text control in the report showed the desired result. (y)

Thank you!!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Happy to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom