Can I force the footer to a seperate page? (1 Viewer)

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:24
I have a report and if the detailed section fills the page, I want to put what's in the footer on a separate page. Is that possible?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have a report and if the detailed section fills the page, I want to put what's in the footer on a separate page. Is that possible?
Is it normally a one page report? Have you tried using the Report Footer?

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I am printing out the daily meal plans and in the footer, the client writes in what they actually ate. It's empty data and nothing to group or sort in the footer. Here is a screenshot that might help.

Most of the time it will fit, but I'm worried about them not having enough room to write. Ideally, I would print the footer on the back of the days' meal plan.

Attachments

• Meals.PNG
    Meals.PNG
    47.7 KB · Views: 381

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I just tried using the report header, the problem is that it goes through all 7 days and then prints the footer. I need it to print after each day. I tried forcing pages before and after, but now the report starts with a blank page and displays the 7 days and then the report footer.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:24
If I understand what you just told us, your problem is adding a "Day" break and having a group footer for "Day" - might require you to rethink your report structure. But there is nothing wrong with designing a "Week" grouping AND a "Day" grouping.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
If I understand what you just told us, your problem is adding a "Day" break and having a group footer for "Day" - might require you to rethink your report structure. But there is nothing wrong with designing a "Week" grouping AND a "Day" grouping.
That wouldn't help, The report is only for a single week. I probably need to create another group, but everything in the footer is just text and not bound to anything. It's kind of like scrap paper for the client.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:24
Why not just add a page break control after the existing detail and move what is currently in the footer just after the page break control in the detail. The client section will then always be shown on the next page

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
That puts a new page for every record in the group. How do I put a page break after all the records in that group are displayed?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
That puts a new page for every record in the group. How do I put a page break after all the records in that group are displayed?
From your description I thought that was what you wanted.
Its not clear, at least to me, what comprises a record in your report and what comprises a group of records.
Can you please show what your report now looks like both in design view and in print preview

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Here ya go. I attached the design view and the first three pages of the report.

Attachments

• Print3.PNG
    Print3.PNG
    34.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Print2.PNG
    Print2.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Print.PNG
    Print.PNG
    37.8 KB · Views: 404
  • Design.PNG
    Design.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 348

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
OK. Create a footer section for you MealCategory group and move all your items to that instead of the page footer.
In the group footer properties, you can specify Force New Page as Before Section or probably better as Before and After Section

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, but it's going to put the "Specific Meal Plan" data after every meal. I need it after all the meals are displayed.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Sorry. I misunderstood the screenshots.
Go back to the earlier suggestion and add a 'Day group' with an empty header and put all the Specific Meal Plan in the Day group footer section.
With a bit of playing around you should now be able to finish working this out for yourself as you have the report jn front of you...whereas we don't

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I already have a DOW group, I added a footer to that and it works great. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom