Can I search all VBA in the database with one call rather than searching each form and each module? (1 Viewer)

amorosik

Local time
Today, 12:09
Actually I didn't ask for anything, I provided code based advice for Access which I have experienced to work correctly and saves a lot of manual work, probably useless
Hoping that my experience can be useful to whoever asked the question
If you believe that defining an export specification is essential, then please let the original questioner know.
Since it's already working properly on my code, I don't care

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:09
You opened a dormant thread to add a comment that indicates that you think you know more than Access. Your trick may work. But it is a trick and tricks, in the long run can be dangerous. MS specifically states that it will not guarantee to not change any of the MSys tables without notice. They are for the use of Access and although we can see most of them and in this particular case actually change this one, doesn't mean that won't change with the next Access release. So since you are an "expert", feel free to use whatever trick floats your boat because you can recover easily if your application just breaks without notice, but recommending it as "the" solution to the general population is poor practice especially since you have no understanding of why it requires column definitions at all.

The OP was very happy with my solution.

amorosik

Local time
Today, 12:09
You opened a dormant thread to add a comment that indicates that you think you know more than Access

No
I simply described one thing on a specific topic, which in my experience has proven to work well
The user who thinks of using it will obviously have to test it on his own
For my part, I added something that maybe the user who started the thread didn't know
If you think that the system I have proposed is not good, ok continue your reasons why you write that it is not good
@bcmarshall will be able to read and will have more information with which he will make his choice

"..not guarantee to not change any of the MSys tables without notice..."
Even on the correct functioning of Access, I mean the complete environment of Access, Microsoft does not guarantee anything
Same thing for the Windows operating system
And then what do we do? Are we all standing still because mom Microsoft won't give us the guarantee?

"..The OP was very happy with my solution..."
I'm sure, with two solutions instead of one, he'll be even happier

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom