Can size of MSA built-in record navigation bar/box be adjusted (1 Viewer)

rjp99

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:03
The record information toolbar on my copy of Access is obscured (see attached screen shot). Does anyone know if there is some sort of global setting I can adjust to fix these issues? Thanks in advance for help.

Attachments

• MSA_SizingIssue.png
    MSA_SizingIssue.png
    351.2 KB · Views: 230

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No. Does the problem happen on all forms or just one? I haven't experienced this but it is probably some subtle change in windows or office in general and will probably clear up with the next release. If you want to fix it now, you can create an unbound main form and add this DS form as a subform on the main form. That will give you some flexibility in how much room is at the bottom of the form. I rarely use DS view forms as main form. I always embed them on unbound forms because I don't like not having a header and footer where I can put search and exit buttons.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:03
What if you turn off Totals?

rjp99

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Pat! I think this is some sort of Windows/Office issue because whenever the record navigation bar is visible (tables, query and forms), it's presented like this. I was hoping there was some sort of setting that could be adjusted but I didn't see anything so I wasn't hopeful.

By the way, what does the 'DS' in your post stand for?

rjp99

Registered User.
Local time
No. Does the problem happen on all forms or just one? I haven't experienced this but it is probably some subtle change in windows or office in general and will probably clear up with the next release. If you want to fix it now, you can create an unbound main form and add this DS form as a subform on the main form. That will give you some flexibility in how much room is at the bottom of the form. I rarely use DS view forms as main form. I always embed them on unbound forms because I don't like not having a header and footer where I can put search and exit buttons.
Thanks Pat! I think this is some sort of Windows/Office issue because whenever the record navigation bar is visible (tables, query and forms), it's presented like this. I was hoping there was some sort of setting that could be adjusted but I didn't see anything so I wasn't hopeful.

By the way, what does the 'DS' in your post stand for?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Data Sheet. The three form views are Single, Continuous, and Data Sheet (looks like a spreadsheet)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:03
Thanks Isaac! I just tried turning off totals and it had no impact....
Oh okay, just figured it was worth a shot. From the limited view of your screenshot it looked like Totals was the thing obscuring the status bar, but I also may have misunderstood.

You're not letting end-users open your Tables, are you?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:03
Have you considered creating your own navigation controls in forms. For example:

1617818324223.png

The advantage of this is that you can make each item whatever size of want and omit items you don't need

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Note that a split form option is also available. This looks like a single form and either continuous form or datasheet on the same form.
Some clever trickery is used behind the scenes to make this possible.

rjp99

Registered User.
Local time
Oh okay, just figured it was worth a shot. From the limited view of your screenshot it looked like Totals was the thing obscuring the status bar, but I also may have misunderstood.

You're not letting end-users open your Tables, are you?
Most definitely not, Isaac! From the end-user's perspective, the problem is the record bar problem 'flows through' to forms I've built (to allow access to the underlying data tables); at least when I use the 'Forms' button to create the form...

rjp99

Registered User.
Local time
Have you considered creating your own navigation controls in forms. For example:

View attachment 90662
The advantage of this is that you can make each item whatever size of want and omit items you don't need
I had not considered this option isladogs... it looks promising but I have to admit, I have no idea of how to do this. Can you direct me to a website (or some other reference material) recommendation I can read to figure out how to do this?

rjp99

Registered User.
Local time
Note that a split form option is also available. This looks like a single form and either continuous form or datasheet on the same form.
Some clever trickery is used behind the scenes to make this possible.
'This looks like a single form....'

I think the "this" you were referring to was the object (picture) I posted; if so, its one tables in the database; not a form. That said, when I create a form using the 'Form' button, the problematic record selector formatting 'flows through' to the form that's created

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
No. I meant the split form looks like a single form combined with a datasheet or continuous form.
An emulated version is also available. See Emulated Split Form - Mendip Data Systems

That example database also includes custom navigation controls.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not sure how we got from a visual problem with the navigation bar being clipped to a split form. If you actually need a split form, you might want to build it yourself to avoid certain issues with the Access version.

As I said in my original reply. Putting the DS form on an unbound main form will solve your problem with clipping the navigation bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom