Can we combine more than 1 Table in a Single Form? (1 Viewer)

JithuAccess

Local time
Today, 16:56
Sorry if this is the most dumbest question ever asked in this Forum

Can we combine more than 1 Table in a Single Form?

I have 5 tables like Patient Basic Info, Patient Treatment, Patient Cost etc.

My boss need these all 5 tables in a Single Form and when a user enter patient Treatment details of the patient treatment section in the Form, it has to go to the Treatment Tables and so on.

Is this ever possible without VBA codes and using sub Forms?

Thanks

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:56
Assuming a typically normalized structure with parent-child relationships of, say (for example), tblPatients and tblTreatmentEvents......and without using subforms? I don't think so, not without standing your database on its head somehow. Why would you want to avoid subforms?
(Don't get me wrong--I think they are no fun to work with!...but are a necessary evil in Access development).

JithuAccess

Local time
Assuming a typically normalized structure with parent-child relationships of, say (for example), tblPatients and tblTreatmentEvents......and without using subforms? I don't think so, not without standing your database on its head somehow. Why would you want to avoid subforms?
(Don't get me wrong--I think they are no fun to work with!...but are a necessary evil in Access development).

Thanks a lot for your reply. These Forms are little complicated, there are already subforms in the form so I don't want to insert a new subform and insert a Form and it's subform in this new Subform

Let me find another way.

Thanks a lot once again.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 23:56
Have you considered Tab controls with subforms?

To your boss, it will look like all the data is on one form. Would/could be logically organised as well?

JithuAccess

Local time
Have you considered Tab controls with subforms?

To your boss, it will look like all the data is on one form. Would/could be logically organised as well?

Thanks a lot for your suggestion Let me try this.

Excellent Idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom