Cannot get fore color to work in text box (1 Viewer)

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:20
So we just migrated to Office 365 and I am adding a new text box and I cannot get fore color to accept an custom color (come out as black). I am using the hex notation. Copied the color from another label on the same form (which is working fine). I tried some random colors and the y seem to work. So I am a bit confused.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
When you said "copy," did you use copy and paste? If so, have you tried manually entering it in? Just curious...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
Be sure that you don't copy a negative number. Colors exist for Windows Themes that have the high-order bit (sign-bit) set. If you have a negative number and the theme to which it corresponds is defined as black, you would get the result you specified.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
The color I was trying to enter is #4B4E48. It is medium blue on the original label, but comes out black on the new label. I tried both copy and paste with the color number and manually entering it. Same results.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:20
I am not sure without checking, but see in the options how "use windows themes" is set, as @The_Doc_Man said.
t's file/options/office settings , then at the bottom.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
??? In Access Options and I do not see office settings?!?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
It's behind you /pantomime mode/
1611249717250.png

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
sorry - these things have a habit of changing from version to version. Anyway, as @The_Doc_Man first pointed out, these settings might be making the colour show as black.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I will play around with the settings and see if I can get it to work. Changed Office Theme to white, did not make a difference.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
I am using the hex notation. Copied the color from another label on the same form (which is working fine).

This cannot be due to the forecolor unless there is some kind of corruption at work. I would take a screen capture of the Format properties of the two labels (one that works and one that doesn't) and compare them.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I kinda did that. Other than the location and the Caption, the rest of the values were the same. This Access DB is supposed to be retired soon, it will be replaced by a web application. (it needed a serious overhaul).

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:20
I would suggest that you try to work with themes rather than use hard-coded values. If the app was built as an .mdb and converted, it will be a lot of work to convert to themes unless you have simple color usage currently. For example, all labels are one color and have identical properties so you can click and select them as a group to make a single change. If you have to do it control, by control, it probably isn't worth the trouble.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Pat, but not worth the effort. Like I mentioned before. The DB is supposed to be retired in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom