Can't edit text (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 11:28
I just made a simple two field journal. Date, long text. When I look at data in datasheet view and then switch back to form view, I get a + for a curser and can't edit text.
Can't figure out what's happening.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I have this autokeys macro that works fine

F9 goes to datasheet, and F10 goes to Form view and I can edit text, but when I switch between views with Access menu buttons it then gives me the + curser.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 10:28
Have you tried changing from you to view and all the way back to form view? Cycling through all the views? Sounds pretty odd to me dick, but I believe I have heard of it happening before somewhere but I can't remember where that somewhere was from.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Have you tried changing from you to view and all the way back to form view? Cycling through all the views? Sounds pretty odd to me dick, but I believe I have heard of it happening before somewhere but I can't remember where that somewhere was from.
yes, its not the usual, but i like trying different things. I may never even every use this journal I have others, but when something doesn't work I look for an answer. What did you mean by "Have you tried changing from you to view and all the way back to form view?"

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:28
Check the properties in Form View to verify that it says AllowEdit = YES

The "+" cursor is like a "grabber" you would use to expand the corner of a text box or label or form. Also, have you tried the ESC key? That sometimes "releases" whatever Access thinks you have done. Warning - ESC may ALSO act as an UNDO TYPING hotkey, so try it with a dummy entry before trusting "live" data with it.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:28
Dick, do you have a primary key in this table? You mention "date and long text".

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
cycling through all the views available.
Access is my crossword puzzle. I like figuring out what is wrong. After you Suggested I cycle thru all views it seem to work ok. Then It didn’t again. When I wanted to go to datasheet view I would click the down arrow on main menu and click datasheet view. Going to form view I, un-aware, was clicking the main menu icon for views. It would open the form but not in normal view. I am not even sure what view it is, as I can’t make any changes to form. thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom