can't run callback function 'onribbonload' (1 Viewer)

Bechert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:50
Hello group,
I have a runtime application developed with Access 2007 on a 32-bit Vista machine. The app uses a customized ribbon. The references include Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library, Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library, OLE and VB for Applications. The MS Office 12.0 Object Library points to c:\Program Files\common files\Microsoft Shared\Office12\MSO.DLL.

I have successfully tested the runtime app on Windows 8.1 64-bit with MS Office Pro installed.
Program Files has Office11 and Office14. Program Files (x86) has Office11, Office12 (MSO.DLL) and Office14. I have also tested successfully with Window 7 64-bit.

Only one user receives this error at start-up: "Can't run the macro or callback function 'onRibbonLoad' ". The onribbonLoad subroutine is called in the start-up form's open event.

The user is running Windows 8.1 64-bit with MS Office Home and Student (no MS Access.)
They have C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office12\MSO.DLL.
In c:\Program Files... they have Office14\MSOXMLMF.DLL , but no MSO.DLL.

Any ideas on why the one user is experiencing this error?
Thanks,
Bill

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 05:50
A thought to troubleshoot this is deliver a runtime database that does not leverage the ribbon, that runs some very basic VBA code, and see if that code runs. I suspect that in a database that has a custom ribbon, that the ribbon's OnLoad code is the first VBA to run, so this might not be a problem with the ribbon specifically. There might be trust settings in Win 8 that require additional registry settings to run any VBA code. But that, to me, would be a thing to test and further isolate and understand the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom