Carry values from user inputed text box in protected document template to other areas (1 Viewer)

joe789

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:55
Hello,

In an attempt to automate routine data entry for a non-profit government agency, I have created a series of several Microsoft Word templates (.dot) which enable the user to enter information only in certain fields (greyed out text boxes) and the rest of the document is protected. This enables the user to print the form after entering data with all entered data intact and/or to save the form out in a regular Microsoft Word Document (.doc) and then be able to re-open the template to start a brand new sheet.

Some of these forms are several pages in length and the top of every single page contains general information such as First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Date, Page Number, etc. In an attempt to make it easier on the data entry folks and prevent errors, I am attempting to somehow carry the values that the data entry person would fill in on the first page and populate the remaining portion of the document.

For instance, Name and Date of Birth can be entered the first time on the first page then anywhere Name and Date of Birth are repeated on subsequent pages can automatically be populated for that instance. I am not quite sure how to perform this task ... if I should or somehow could program a header/footer section or perhaps a line or two of VBA code in the locked text boxes that would be set equal to the appropriate text boxes that the user enters data in? I am lost ... any help or guaidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom